EEC-iv emulation problems

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

dex
The Ford Guy

EEC-iv emulation problems

Post by dex »

Finally got around to connecting my Autoprom to an eec-iv (Mondeo 2.0l DEEP ecu) today and encountered two problems.

1) Verifying the binary upload always failed when the F1 adapter was connected to the Autoprom but verified OK when it wasn't, is this normal? Do you have to upload first and connect the F1 after?

2) When I started the engine in emulation mode the cooling fan came on constantly and the car ran at about 2/3 normal idle rpm.

I'm using an usb Autoprom with v2.5 firmware, a F1 v1.5 J3 adapter and TunerProRT v4.00.3554.00

Can any shed any light on these problems?

Thanks.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

These are good questions for Craig. I have zero experience with his Ford products (TunerPro does not yet formally support Ford, but it will in a near future release).
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

Thanks, I'm trying Craig too.

PS
Mangus wrote:TunerPro does not yet formally support Ford, but it will in a near future release
It's still a great bit of software and lets me start to create my own definition files.
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

Getting somewhere now with a bit of help (and a lot of patience!) from Craig, the F1 isn't compatible with my ecu but the F2 is.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Cool. You'll be happy to know that Ford support is in the next release. Craig and I will have some definitions for you too.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am