Help getting started

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

All4wd

Help getting started

Post by All4wd »

I have purchased a moates Auto prom and TunerProRt.
I have Jeep CJ7 with a Howell EFI kit using the GM TBI system with the 1227747 ECM. I have removed the chip, read it with the AutoProm (confirmed the read) and saved it to a file. I have downloaded the 42.xdf file and now I am trying to read the information from the chip I saved to the file.
I have opened the file (Ctrl-O) and imported the .xdf but when I look at the tables there is nothing in them.
I know I can't write to this chip and have change the socket over inside the ecm for a 28 pin chip, but I want to use this file as my starting point. What am I doing wrong?

I would attach the file but I don't see how I can do that on this forum.
All4wd

Post by All4wd »

As with many things in life, and no matter how long we search for answers, the answer seems to show itself immediately after the request for help.
The "Download BIN from Emulator to TunerPro" arrow icon seems to have populated all my tables.
Is this the only way to do this? It would seem if I wanted to look at the files I have stored I should be able to load any of them without going through the AutoProm.

Are there any good links that can give me information on each of the table definitions and the theory behind each of them? I would like to read how each one affects a tune.

For example I have been getting chips burned from Howell to try to change a rich idle condition and fuel has been removed in this area. I would like to know the tables these changes are made in and the theory of how the adjustments affect the tune.

Can anyone help with this?

Maybe even some kind of flow chart how you would tackle fine tuning a previous tune. I have logged the ALDL data and AFR and know where the problem areas seem to be, I just have never been the one responsible for making the changes to solve them.
EagleMark

Post by EagleMark »

It takes some time but you;ll figure it out. The AutoProm is best equiptment to start out with!

Yes you can look at your bin from file. File, Open Bin. And XDF, Selsect XDF. Take a look at this short tutorial to get going.
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inject ... ust-read!-)

I have many hours into $42 XDf and ADX and incorperated most of TunerPro advanced features into them along with discriptions of the parmeters. If you go to this link you'll find them along with lots of other information and a handy spreadsheet for using BLM data to adjust your VE tables.
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inject ... rmation-42

If your wideband has AD outputs you can wire them into the AutoProm, here's how, but all the work is done already in $42, just have to set your values and conversions correctly:
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inject ... n-TunerPro!
1990 Chevy Suburban
1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1.
1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 TBI

GearHead-EFI.com EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners!
All4wd

Post by All4wd »

Thank you for the reply. I am trying to digest all the info and thought small bites at a time would be best. I appreciate any clarification you can give me as I move through.
I have logged data with WINALDL and a LM1 AFR tester but thought logging the data in TunerPro with the AFR logged would be a good idea. In your link on how to set up the Wideband sensor you say that you have not been able to see this new data in the log. Has this been resolved?
Also in setting up the sensor in TunerPro when I go to "Add New Item" I get a dialog box for "Command Type Chooser" with the options of "Send Command, Listen for Packet/Response, Listen for Silence, Trigger or Macro Command".
I have searched this but can't find any relevance to TunerPro. Which one do I choose and why?

Thank you in advance, I hope I don't wear out my welcome.
All4wd

Post by All4wd »

I also don't see the "General" and "Conversions" tabs in my version of TunerProRT as shown in your pics.