Can Tunerpro output user tune values to maft pro?

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

pizonk

Can Tunerpro output user tune values to maft pro?

Post by pizonk »

My question is if anyone knows the functions of tunerpro rt software if there is a function inside of the software, that allows you to output user tune values to a maft pro unit? If you can somehow use a datalogged sample of data to output user tunes specifically looking for it to change values at individual rpms in the high, mid, low tune areas. i have not seen a way to modify these values with the laptop hooked up, only doing it right now with the physical unit. i hope someone understands what im talking about here.

or would the only way to do this is manually watch a data sample values of the user tune and look at your manifold pressure to see what tune level you are in (high, mid, low according to the values set) and going to each rpm and manually setting each value and each rpm you need to go + or - at to get the proper AFR.

Thanks in advance. If there needs to be something more explained what im trying to describe i didnt my best there if more clarification is needed i'll try my best.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

so are you dealing with a MAF of Speed-Density setup? i don't know what a MAFT is...
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

If this is what you're talking about: http://www.maftpro.com/tproinfo.shtml

The answer would be no.

It sounds like you're looking for a sort of auto tuning software.
turbodave

Re: Can Tunerpro output user tune values to maft pro?

Post by turbodave »

pizonk wrote:My question is if anyone knows the functions of tunerpro rt software if there is a function inside of the software, that allows you to output user tune values to a maft pro unit? If you can somehow use a datalogged sample of data to output user tunes specifically looking for it to change values at individual rpms in the high, mid, low tune areas. i have not seen a way to modify these values with the laptop hooked up, only doing it right now with the physical unit. i hope someone understands what im talking about here.

or would the only way to do this is manually watch a data sample values of the user tune and look at your manifold pressure to see what tune level you are in (high, mid, low according to the values set) and going to each rpm and manually setting each value and each rpm you need to go + or - at to get the proper AFR.

Thanks in advance. If there needs to be something more explained what im trying to describe i didnt my best there if more clarification is needed i'll try my best.

When you change any values on the bin file you have loaded on TunerPro, you need to be communicating with the TransPro, then click emmulation button, then click the upload button. This uploads everything in TunerPro to the Translator Pro.
pizonk

Re: Can Tunerpro output user tune values to maft pro?

Post by pizonk »

turbodave wrote:
pizonk wrote:My question is if anyone knows the functions of tunerpro rt software if there is a function inside of the software, that allows you to output user tune values to a maft pro unit? If you can somehow use a datalogged sample of data to output user tunes specifically looking for it to change values at individual rpms in the high, mid, low tune areas. i have not seen a way to modify these values with the laptop hooked up, only doing it right now with the physical unit. i hope someone understands what im talking about here.

When you change any values on the bin file you have loaded on TunerPro, you need to be communicating with the TransPro, then click emmulation button, then click the upload button. This uploads everything in TunerPro to the Translator Pro.

yeah ive tweaked with the settings in the tuner pro and can update them to the meft pro unit. I guess i will check the bin file more to see if it has values for the different %'s of fuel for each RPM at low/mid/high settings.

Sorry for people that might not understand what the setup. I am running a Maf translator in a 2g eagle talon using speed density. I have the maft then hooked up to a laptop where i can watch all my values of the sensors to tweak the Air/Fuel ratio.

at each stage whether youre in low/mid/high the maft tells you what your user % rate should be at. So watching the data log and looking at different RPMs i can change the AFR. i was just wondering if tuner pro rt software had an ability to send that info back to the unit as to what i should be running. I guess ill just have to input them all manually into the box.

Thanks for your input dave