new to tunerpro tbi 350

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

davveek

new to tunerpro tbi 350

Post by davveek »

i have a dumb question but was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on learning the tunerpro program. i am tuning a tbi 350 chevy it has high compression 454tb thumpr cam. runs very rich and wont idle on its own with stock tune. i bought a apu1 setup from moates but i need to learn the program before i get the ecu back. thanks for the help.
Gregs78cam

Post by Gregs78cam »

Some more info about your mask ID, ECM/PCM, trans, and more about your general set up would help greatly. Heads, intake, compression ratio?

first things I would check in scalars are:
Cylinder volume
Injector Flow/Base Pulse Constant - depends on your ECM/PCM

Setting those accurately usually gets you running pretty close.
davveek

Post by davveek »

i have 58cc heads which is 11:1 compression 1.94 1.60 valves 454 tb 65lb ijectors 500 488 lift on the cam 106* lobe sep. How do i fugure out what the bpw should be set at? also how does the main ve fuel table work do you add subtract multiply etc.. higher or lower the number is less fuel. it runs extremely rich i think i need less fuel and more timing. thank you
davveek

Post by davveek »

the em is a 2732 16146299 stock port matched intake 6al ignition also it is in an s10 i think i covered everything maybe.
Gregs78cam

Post by Gregs78cam »

OK. so your ECM is a 16146299, Mask ID $99. Any time you ask a ? list this info so others know what your running. I will assume you are using TP RT V5 right? OK so with your stock displacement 350, and stock 65Lb injectors, at the stock pressure you should have 128 in your BPC scalar.

As far the VE table goes, increase the number should increase the fuel in that cell.

Do you have a WBO2, or are you just going by the stock NBO2? NM I see on TGO that you have a WB.

Also once you get it running, disconnect the ESC wire and verify your inital timing matches what is in your .bin.
davveek

Post by davveek »

so the scalar that says initial timing(distributor) needs to be at 0 and my advance is going to be through the spark advance table then?
EagleMark

Post by EagleMark »

Well yes on a stock motor. But with yours, timing wire disconnect and probably 5 to 8 degrees. Put that number in Initail timing and it will remove that amount from total timing so you don't get to much.

You'll also have to reduce VE in lower cells around idle, to make it idle.

Then about a bizillion other changes over 100s of hours and you'll be done... :D
1990 Chevy Suburban
1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1.
1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 TBI

GearHead-EFI.com EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners!
pumpkin

Post by pumpkin »

EagleMark wrote:Well yes on a stock motor. But with yours, timing wire disconnect and probably 5 to 8 degrees. Put that number in Initail timing and it will remove that amount from total timing so you don't get to much.

You'll also have to reduce VE in lower cells around idle, to make it idle.

Then about a bizillion other changes over 100s of hours and you'll be done... :D
I am in a similar situation. Its s
tarting to look a bit overwelming.
EagleMark

Post by EagleMark »

It does take time to get a modified motor tuned properly. If you don't have time or ambistion to learn then it will not be fun. If it is something you want to learn and do it is very rewarding.
1990 Chevy Suburban
1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1.
1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 TBI

GearHead-EFI.com EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners!