I think I'm starting to get the hang of it, maybe

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

carcaper

I think I'm starting to get the hang of it, maybe

Post by carcaper »

If I understand correctly from reading posts, you cannot create a xdf from a bin. so my question is will intended xdf files posted work with all bins already in use or are they propietory to the software being used?

I have a chip already installed and I am questioning rather or not the bin and the xdf are matching, should I be worried about this or not?

Also I tried to save the bin file from the chip that is in the car now to the buffer and reburned it onto a new chip and the car will not run as it did with the original chip. Why is that if it is the same bin on the new chip? am I missing a step maybe? I also noticed that ses light is on and the radiator fan is running when I turn the key on or when the engine is running.

I also was reading another post that said you get a manual with tunerpro, Where is it? I did not receive one.

Thanks in advance for your replys
Six_Shooter

Re: I think I'm starting to get the hang of it, maybe

Post by Six_Shooter »

carcaper wrote:If I understand correctly from reading posts, you cannot create a xdf from a bin. so my question is will intended xdf files posted work with all bins already in use or are they propietory to the software being used?

I have a chip already installed and I am questioning rather or not the bin and the xdf are matching, should I be worried about this or not?
You should only worry about the bin and xdf match when you are modifying the bin. ;) The xdf has absolutly no effect on how the car runs. The XDF is only used by Tuner Pro, to translate the bin into real world, and easily understood units and tables for us to modify the bins.
Also I tried to save the bin file from the chip that is in the car now to the buffer and reburned it onto a new chip and the car will not run as it did with the original chip. Why is that if it is the same bin on the new chip? am I missing a step maybe? I also noticed that ses light is on and the radiator fan is running when I turn the key on or when the engine is running.
Sounds like you need to offset the bin on the chip, so that the bin is at "the end" of the EPROM. GM application?
http://support.moates.net/2010/04/05/pr ... g-offsets/
I also was reading another post that said you get a manual with tunerpro, Where is it? I did not receive one.

There is no paper manual, but there is the help files contained with Tuner pro itself, found under the HELP menu found in the main tool bar.
carcaper

Re: I think I'm starting to get the hang of it, maybe

Post by carcaper »

Six_Shooter wrote:
carcaper wrote:If I understand correctly from reading posts, you cannot create a xdf from a bin. so my question is will intended xdf files posted work with all bins already in use or are they propietory to the software being used?

You should only worry about the bin and xdf match when you are modifying the bin. ;) The xdf has absolutly no effect on how the car runs. The XDF is only used by Tuner Pro, to translate the bin into real world, and easily understood units and tables for us to modify the bins.
Sounds like you need to offset the bin on the chip, so that the bin is at "the end" of the EPROM. GM application?
http://support.moates.net/2010/04/05/pr ... g-offsets/

There is no paper manual, but there is the help files contained with Tuner pro itself, found under the HELP menu found in the main tool bar.
My point was I would like to modify the bin so I guess i do need worry about the match in my case, so how do i modify the bin if the xdf doesn't match, How would I create an xdf file to match the bin ? Is this called a hack?

The problems I'm having with the current program is the idle is to slow, the idle is rolling, the fuel mixture is running lean from low to mid range, other wise top end is fair. The current chip that is installed is unknown but is using a moates.net adapter zif socket type. I'm not even sure if I am reading the chip bin or not. I hope that I can just save the current bin to my pc, edit it with tunerpro and reburn it or emulate it to see what the results are. Am i on the right page?
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

Yes, then you need to worry about the XDF...

It would be MUCH easier to point you in the right direction if you listed your exact application.

Yes, a "hack" or "dissassembly" document is used to create an XDF.
carcaper

Post by carcaper »

Six_Shooter wrote:Yes, then you need to worry about the XDF...

It would be MUCH easier to point you in the right direction if you listed your exact application.

ok since your interested, As far as the moates equipment I have an aprom which craig moates suggested I needed to tune this 1993 camaro z28 lt1 350 with alum cyl heads, comp cam .534 intake lift, 540 exh lift, 283 int duration, 293 exh duration, 114 lobe separation, headers, nitrous, automatic trans, ecm #16159278. The ecm has a moates g1 chip adapter with a D27C256AD chip installed. I have no idea what brand the chip is, who burnt it or if I can even read it correctly. How can I tell if I can read the bin with tunerpro? I now realize I need a xdf to materialize the bin. I did use the da3.xdf that mark suggested and it seems somewhat there but now I don't know what to do since these questions arise. I can say I could really get into this challenge, it is really interesting.
carcaper

Post by carcaper »

carcaper wrote:

ok since your interested, As far as the moates equipment I have an aprom which craig moates suggested I needed to tune this 1993 camaro z28 lt1 350 with alum cyl heads, comp cam .534 intake lift, 540 exh lift, 283 int duration, 293 exh duration, 114 lobe separation, headers, nitrous, automatic trans, ecm #16159278. The ecm has a moates g1 chip adapter with a D27C256AD chip installed. I have no idea what brand the chip is, who burnt it or if I can even read it correctly. How can I tell if I can read the bin with tunerpro? I now realize I need a xdf to materialize the bin. I did use the da3.xdf that mark suggested and it seems somewhat there but now I don't know what to do since these questions arise. I can say I could really get into this challenge, it is really interesting.
Oh and I forgot to ad that it has larger fuel injectors that are excessivly rich using the stock calibration which tells me they have backed the pulse width way down or should I say back out the fuel delivery in the VE table. I guess I will eventually learn the right lingo as time goes on, hope this helps.
carcaper

Post by carcaper »

carcaper wrote:
carcaper wrote:

Oh and I forgot to ad that it has larger fuel injectors that are excessivly rich using the stock calibration which tells me they have backed the pulse width way down or should I say back out the fuel delivery in the VE table. I guess I will eventually learn the right lingo as time goes on, hope this helps.
ok where did everybody go
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

this thread took off...

tuning for injectors is almost entirely done through the BPW vs desired EGR table... unless you have a mask that just uses an injector size constant.