datalogging errors

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

drumer919

datalogging errors

Post by drumer919 »

I am STILL having datalogging problems, I think now that its computer related since I have a new cable and have tried on 2 different vehicles. The Data is jumpy and at the bottom of the screen it where it usually says "connected" it flashes "Data Error"

What computer related problems could do something like that? I tried both of my USB ports and its the same but nothing else I plug in has any problems.

Is there a way to change the baud rate or something like that somewhere, either in TP or in some other settings?

Edit- I was doing some more testing today, on my truck with an OBD1 port but and a 7427 PCM running $31 its not to bad, still a giving me some errors and only a 4.x Hz sample rate but at lease it makes sense. On the other truck with an OBD2 port and $0D it is having so many errors it doesnt even show a sample rate.

I also removed TP and all of its files and tried TTS Datamaster and it does fine on my $31 truck, no errors at all but the S0D truck is the same DANG! still.

I guess my next move is to try to get another computer to try this on.
Dan- ASE certified-A1, A4, A5, A8
95 S10 ecsb, 350, 9.5:1, ported Vortec heads, Crane(.484/.512 272/284 112LSA), OBD2 L31 intake, Hooker LT's, 2.5"ORY, Flowmaster 40, 4L60E, 8.8 posi w/ 3.73's, WBO2, '7427 PCM running in PFI mode, $OD.
JP86SS

Try this...

Post by JP86SS »

You may have the same type of issue I had (and just ran into it again)
Each computer I use is slightly different and what happens is there is "something" with the speed of aquisition on the ports, not sure what but this has worked for me with the hint from Magnus.
Edit your connection macro.
Add a delay of 20 mS to the end (or begining)
Try it !

If that stabilizes the display, go back and reduce the wait time to be a short as possible but at least 2 Ms longer than needed.

I just had to up mine that works fine on the laptop at 2 mS to over 6 mS on my desktop computer. Thought I was going crazy and messed up my definition when copying it to my desktop but that was not the case.
This stuff does make you crazy :twisted:
drumer919

Post by drumer919 »

Nothing helped. I was able to record a log this time if you, or anyone wants to see what its doing. Also I noticed my sample rate is displayed, must have just missed it last time. Its between 4.x and 6.x Hz, back when it was working it was usually 9.x Hz.

I tried the different packet types as well as changing the timeout time, increasing and decreasing it. When I select Variable packet size it connects instantly with no errors but doesnt show any data, it wont even connect when set to GM 160 Baud. I also played with the offset, payload and body sizes and it only makes it worse.

Do you think a faulty connection between the ALDL port and the PCM, or even a loose pin in the port its self would cause this? I have been thinking a lot about that but have been discrediting it because its the same way on 2 different vehicles, I mean what are the chances of that!
Dan- ASE certified-A1, A4, A5, A8
95 S10 ecsb, 350, 9.5:1, ported Vortec heads, Crane(.484/.512 272/284 112LSA), OBD2 L31 intake, Hooker LT's, 2.5"ORY, Flowmaster 40, 4L60E, 8.8 posi w/ 3.73's, WBO2, '7427 PCM running in PFI mode, $OD.