Pontiac Trans Sport 3.8 vin L 1993 4t60e L27

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Frolov

Pontiac Trans Sport 3.8 vin L 1993 4t60e L27

Post by Frolov »

Hello! I have problem with connection. No errors, but data is corrupted.
0.5s correct value 0/5 second trash.
A test a lot of different ADX files. Same problem.
I find at this forum about adding delay after reciev data. Put 20ms. Same problem. But when I set 9ms and Transmit Stream Reply delay 200ms(was 400). It start working. May be some errors 5-15 per 1 hour.
Is it normal?
As I understand I need to use A205(downloaded from tuner pro) stream. It works. But some parameters incorrect. I find another description of A205 and change existing ADX file. Better. But I still cant get gearbox oil temp.
English is not my native language, sorry.
phonedawgz

Post by phonedawgz »

Acquisition - Edit Definition - Hit + on Commands - Look at Transmit Data Reply - Look at Body Size(Dec). If it is not, change the value to equal Payload Offset + Payload Size + 1
Frolov

Post by Frolov »

phonedawgz wrote:Acquisition - Edit Definition - Hit + on Commands - Look at Transmit Data Reply - Look at Body Size(Dec). If it is not, change the value to equal Payload Offset + Payload Size + 1
I connect to ECM by terminal and send standart reqest for mode 1 . In data 64 data bytes +3 + cheksumm.So I correct setup of Defenition file. No it's better. Thank You for answer.
Frolov

Post by Frolov »

Next question is...
I want to get trans iol temp/ it's not in data sream of mode 1.
How I can get it other way?
If i will try to use this mode 4 commands http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/diy-p ... 165-a.html
Have i chance to kill my ecu?
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

you won't damage the ECM using mode 4 commands.... you also won't be able to get trans temp that way either. mode4 controls outputs. what you want is mode2 or mode3 to selectively dump data from RAM. you would need to know what byte in the RAM is being used for trans temp.

however, i'm looking at the wiring diagrams for a 93 3800 silhouette, and i'm not seeing a trans temp sensor being used.
Frolov

Post by Frolov »

robertisaar wrote:you won't damage the ECM using mode 4 commands.... you also won't be able to get trans temp that way either. mode4 controls outputs. what you want is mode2 or mode3 to selectively dump data from RAM. you would need to know what byte in the RAM is being used for trans temp.

however, i'm looking at the wiring diagrams for a 93 3800 silhouette, and i'm not seeing a trans temp sensor being used.
Yes thanks I know. Mode 4 I need just for myself for test fans e.c.t.
I try to find description of mode's 2-6 for my ECU and I was not susesful in this. Only that link befor. Can You help me in this?

So to read trans temp I need to know exectly adress of it in dump? How I cane find it?
It must be. 4t60E have this sensor.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

some of the early 4T60Es didn't have a trans temp sensor.

the various modes are all fairly application specific. some ECMs don't support certain modes and those that do rarely have the same sequence of bytes to control their mode4 functions. would have to disassemble a BIN and find the commands to see what they could be. or snoop on a tech1 commanding various functions and generate a list from that.

a general description of the commands would be:

mode 0(normal mode messages)
mode 1(ALDL device present and requesting datastream)
mode 2(dumps a requested 64 byte block of RAM, ROM or registers over the stream)
mode 3(sends up to 8 selectable bytes over the stream)
mode 4(ALDL device controlling outputs or other functions)
mode 5(download data from ALDL device to RAM)
mode 6(download data from ALDL device to RAM and execute)
mode 7(ALDL device commanding specific mode 0 data packet)
mode 8(disable normal mode 0 data packets)
mode 9(enable normal mode 0 data packets)
mode 10(clear DTCs)

there are exceptions to that list, and a lot of ECMs don't support mode 6 or 7 at all.
billgraves

1993 4T60-E Trans Temp Sensor

Post by billgraves »

The GM 4T60-E trans did not have an internal transmission temperature sensor. A general rule for GM transmissions is: If the unit does not have a trans temp sensor it normally does not control line pressure via electronics.
In the case of this unit line pressure is controlled via a vacuum modulator.
Frolov

Post by Frolov »

Thank You Gentelmens! I will come back after some tests with mode 4. And when I will find one more PCM for tetst.
Frolov

Post by Frolov »

Ok :D Again I am here :P
So, what we have:
ECM 16141470
Eprom 16191613
Prom id 1615
scan id 1814
BCC BFJZ

New 3 wire o2 sensor (works perfect)
Nece looking signal from O2 sensor in tuner pro.
No errors in ECM.

But ECM all the time in open loop mode.

What i need to check more deep?
Frolov

Post by Frolov »

So, I got BIN ))))
But XDF a cant find for it. How I can find paramiters adress in my BIN?