So this is what my screen looks like. Need help.

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Netspeedster

So this is what my screen looks like. Need help.

Post by Netspeedster »

I'm not sure what I can believe here. 1993 LT1 Trans Am starts, you can drive it for a few minutes, then it shuts down once it is hot. Doesn't throw codes. Sometimes floods itself at startup. Here is what the screen looks like. I have errors on injectors and the right O2 indicates lean. The engine runs lean (plugs are white powder). Then I have a Closed loop time out. Is this a problem with the tune? Or do I need to start changing parts? :?

Comp Cams 503, Ford redtop injectors (reman), Yank 3000 stall, 10.8:1 compression. Heated injector conversion (1995 LT1 injectors). The tune is from PCMforLess.
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

Was the car running with the current combination of parts, then developed problems or did the problem start when something was changed?
Netspeedster

Post by Netspeedster »

Six_Shooter wrote:Was the car running with the current combination of parts, then developed problems or did the problem start when something was changed?
First let me correct a mistake. I have the heated O2 sensor conversion, not injector.

This engine was rebuilt, fitted with a Comp Cams 503 cam, ported and polished heads, headers, ford 28lb injectors (vs 22lb stockers). The mail order tune by PCMforLess was just to get the car going until I could optimize. PCMforless has had success in the past with their CC503/28lb injector tunes on LT1s, that is why I used them.

This car only ran the new setup with the PCMforLess tune. I'm trying to understand whether the reman Ford injectors are faulty, or if the tune is responsible for what is going on. Just about every other electronic component is new.

Prior to the rebuild I had the stock tune, cam, same electronic components except for the injectors and it ran fine.