help me get started

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

zooguy

help me get started

Post by zooguy »

hello, my name is troy and i am trying to get started with tuning my 1995 Pontiac Firebird Formula
this is the list of mods i have:
160* stat, K&N CAI, CRT intake elbow, 52mm holly, TB bypass, EGR!, AIR!, Hooker LT's, x-pipe, magnaflows, vig3200 stall, fully built 4L60E, 3.42's gears, and a 100 shot.

i have been trying to get this program to work with my car for a while. and a guy member of LTxtech has done a really great job of giving detailed instructions on how to get started and connect the laptop to the car "gregbob" is his name over there. i have included a link to the thread that he has done. anyways i need some help as follows.

I am following the thread on how to get started on the tunerproRT EXACTLY as it says too but i cant get my car to talk to the computer ... my cable works cause free scan works fine and i have uploaded and down loaded tunes that people have sent to me.

where i am hitting an issue is after hitting "Acquire data (connect/disconnect)" then "Show Data List Views" the window that comes up says "Default View"

in all the screen shots the instructions say "corvette"

mine does not. please help!! there is only that one option of default view

http://ltxtech.com/forums/showthread.ph ... 5-Tutorial

I dont have that option. please tell me where i am going wrong. i want to start doing this tuning stuff bad and i tried the about a year ago and gave up ... well i am trying it again. Still with no luck.

please help i am begging Gregbob or any other people who know how to get this program to work with my car. :(
Last edited by zooguy on Wed May 30, 2012 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
zooguy

Post by zooguy »

please guys i really need help on this
zooguy

Post by zooguy »

i have tried a 3rd & 4th time to get this to work and i am still having no luck.

also i see that there has been 70 views on this and no one has responded to this. i think that this is some thing very easy and small that i have over looked and i am a little disappointed that the forum for the program that i am having problems with is not able or willing to help out a person who is willing to try and use their product. i had thought that posting here would yield results quickly but that has not been the case. i was also willing to go ahead and pay the fee to have the 10 sec delay removed, had i got a fast answer with a fix to my issue. i dont want to go with a different program but i may have to if i cant get this one to work.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

is there something wrong with the default view?

the views are setup based on what items you want to be able to see without switching to other views. IIRC, the 94-95 LT1 actually requires more than 1 view, since it will run into a limit on the maximum amount of items that can be displayed in one tab.
zooguy

Post by zooguy »

i cant get the computer to show what the car is doing

i cant get any thing to work at all with tunerpro RT

freescan works fine and so does winflash
Netspeedster

Post by Netspeedster »

I had this problem at first too. I'm not sure how I fixed it, but I think it had to do with resizing the window with the engine data. If you followed Gregrob's instructions you should be logging.
zooguy

Post by zooguy »

i followed his instructions EXACTLY as he does. where mine goes different is the part where he brings up the "show data list views" every thing on that screen is at 0. the car is running at that point like the instructions say to do.

then drop down menu only has "default view". no corvette or fbody or any thing else.

is there any one in the the Oklahoma City area who might be able to help me? i will go meet the anywhere any time.
zooguy

Post by zooguy »

i got a hold of gregrob and had him take over my computer using a program called "Team Viewer". and it tuned out that it was on the wrong com port. com port 3 said cable found and streaming. and com port 4 said noting found. but with com port 4 i see the data running and i can log now