TPrtv5 no data ??

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

jeepaddicted

TPrtv5 no data ??

Post by jeepaddicted »

I have made several attempts at getting a data connection with TPv5 and my aldl.com usb cable with no success.

I have it setup with the following for a 1227747 ECU.

TunerPro RT
ajuk.bin
42.xdf
42.adx definition imported and saved from 42.ads

Cable tested as “cable found” with key off and then “cable not found” with key on.
AB pin 10k jumper set.
Win XP com3 setup with latest FTDI driver and configured 4800, none,1,8
Disabled the laptops built in modem which had been assigned to com3

Winaldl worked with the USB cable, I uninstalled winaldl since several of the threads I searched said that it caused TPRTv5 failure to connect to the cable, no change.

TPRT v4 will connect from ALDL setup but will indicate that “cable not found” when doing “testing for valid cable” from preferences with key on or off.

Any ideas?
EagleMark

Post by EagleMark »

AB pin 10k jumper set
Not needed on 1227747.

Plug your cable into USB port, go to devices and printers and find it (Windows 7) I don't know exactly how windows XP. Find the device and click for properties then tab hardware to see which COM port it's on?

Open TP and go to Tools, Preferences, Data Acqusition, Interface type and use plug in, Then configuration, Standard Serial and click configuration and it should find the same COM port you found above! Test should be good.

If not close TP and move USB cable to another USB port. Rinse and Repeat.

I don't know why but my USB port for cable will move on my laptop from 1 of 2 USB ports but never the third.

HTH! :D
1990 Chevy Suburban
1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1.
1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 TBI

GearHead-EFI.com EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners!
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

As said, the 10K ohm resistor is not needed with the '7747, and may actually cause problems if used with a '7747.

Do NOT test for cable with the cable plugged into the ALDL port, especially with the key on, it WILL fail, and then you will have a tough time getting a connection to the datastream. The test is really on there to check for a cable and functionality to verify port number, nothing more.

If you have been testing for the cable with the key on every time, I would say that this is your problem.

Once you have the file and port settings correct, restart TP RT V5, do not test for cable and connect to the car.
jeepaddicted

Post by jeepaddicted »

Thanks for the input. When looking at the 42.adx (by Robert Saar) with the editor in the description heading it says “Put The 10k resistor over A-B”, that is why I set the jumper. I will try it with out the jumper and test the cable as you described and let you know how it goes.
EagleMark

Post by EagleMark »

There's some upgraded XDF and ADX here:
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inject ... rmation-42
1990 Chevy Suburban
1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1.
1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 TBI

GearHead-EFI.com EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners!
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

yeah, i'm never really 100% with any of the C3 stuff, but i figured better safe than sorry.