Acquire Data question

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

b.shaw

Acquire Data question

Post by b.shaw »

I just got a Moates Xtreme ALDL, but I don't seem to be able to connect to it. The Acquire Data button should initiate the connection shouldn't it?

This is for a supercharged Porsche 928 running a GMECM 1227749 with Code 59 firmware using an Ostrich emulator. The car starts and runs, I can upload and download bins fine through the Ostrich, just can't connect and get any data out of it.

The Data Acq config dialog shows Com 7 and tests OK, says it found the cable.

Any thoughts on why I can't get any data from it would be greatly appreciated.
EagleMark

Post by EagleMark »

Not sure but will throw some thoughts your way.

Does 1227749 need 10k resister to initiate data stream?

I have an AutoProm with one usb cable to emulate and data log, although it can data log from emulation I have read I always use an ALDL cable. How does Ostrich use one USB COM port in TunerPro to emulate and then another USB port to receive data?

In TunerPro Tools, Preferences, Data Acquisition has plug in configuration and can choose standard serial or shared with Emulator!

HTH!
1990 Chevy Suburban
1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1.
1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 TBI

GearHead-EFI.com EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners!
b.shaw

Post by b.shaw »

I tried both with the 10K and without. The device manager shows com7 for the ALDL and com 8 for the Ostrich.
b.shaw

Post by b.shaw »

Tools, Preferences, Data Acquisition, Configure Plug-In component gets me a dialog with a 'test for valid interface...' button that says it found the cable. When I click the Acquire Data button it says in pinkish on the bottom of the screen 'DA: Connecting...' and that's as far as it goes.

It looks like the hardware is ok and I'm having a software issue of some kind? Where do I tell TunerPro what I have for an ALDL connection?
b.shaw

Post by b.shaw »

Should probably mention win7 pro 32 on an i3 laptop also.
EagleMark

Post by EagleMark »

b.shaw wrote:Tools, Preferences, Data Acquisition, Configure Plug-In component gets me a dialog with a 'test for valid interface...' button that says it found the cable. When I click the Acquire Data button it says in pinkish on the bottom of the screen 'DA: Connecting...' and that's as far as it goes.

It looks like the hardware is ok and I'm having a software issue of some kind? Where do I tell TunerPro what I have for an ALDL connection?
It is mentioned in TunerPro documentation somewhere it likes Com3-4 which is what I use without issue. Now this document from Moates says up to Com 8?

http://support.moates.net/2009/02/10/us ... oting-101/
1990 Chevy Suburban
1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1.
1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 TBI

GearHead-EFI.com EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners!