FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hard coded 300 category limit causes issues. Expand limit?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TunerPro User Forum Forum Index -> Feature Suggestions

hassmaschine

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:20 am    Post subject: Hard coded 300 category limit causes issues. Expand limit? Reply with quote

I've been working on generating an XDF for a newer BMW computer. I've got it pretty well nailed down except a BIG issue.

Currently, TunerPro can only handle 300 categories. The way this ECU is broken down there are about 1,200 functions and 9,000 maps/curves/constants. The best way to organize all the maps etc. is by "function", which is equivalent to a TunerPro category.

However, hen you go past the 300 category limit, any maps etc. set to those categories loop around to the beginning. This of course makes a mess of the file.

Right now my only real option is to break it up into multiple XDFs, but that is a bit of a pain. I'll have to figure out exactly where the breaks between functions/subfunctions are so I don't surpass the 300 limit in any given XDF.

It would be really great if the hard coded limit was significantly higher - even if more than 300 weren't selectable in the drop down boxes, if it could at least internally read them correctly I could do everything with 1 file.

Other than that it doesn't seem to mind having 9,000 defined characteristics! Smile

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TunerPro User Forum Forum Index -> Feature Suggestions All times are GMT - 9 Hours

Page 1 of 1
Jump to: