I broke it, how to fix it

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

monkihead

I broke it, how to fix it

Post by monkihead »

I was data logging my car last night (90 tbi camaro). shut down computer and in the morning I got this-

how do I fix this?
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

Restart Tuner Pro RT.
monkihead

Post by monkihead »

did that. unistalled and re-installed. still no worky.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Try installing this, then run: http://www.tunerpro.net/download/vcredist_x86.exe

Looks like this is an issue with your VC runtime. I can't imagine how TunerPro would cause this.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
monkihead

Post by monkihead »

installed it, ran it, same screen pops up. restarted computer and opened tuner pro, still shows same screen.

****update****

uninstalled tuner pro rt and reinstalled. now works!! yay!!
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

I'm afraid I have no other suggestions for you. I've never seen that screen (and it seems quite strange [suspicious] for the CRT to pop that up itself). Version 4.x use static runtime linkage, so I have no idea how you could break it.

Nothing else was installed (no other apps, windows updates, etc) between your previous session and this one?

You said you've reinstalled TunerPro?
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

According to this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307817
... it's possible that some other application is conflicting with TunerPro's use of the CRT. This, again, suggests that something else changed on your PC between last night and today.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
monkihead

Post by monkihead »

Nothing else was installed/removed during that time frame. No one else uses my laptop and no one knows my login password.

No worries now, it works.

8)
JP86SS

Changes

Post by JP86SS »

Beware of Microsoft update or any other program that has settings to automatically make changes.
Been bitten by that several times. Now I turn all that stuff off and only change when I want to update.
ninthclowd

Found a fix

Post by ninthclowd »

Had the exact same problem. Ended up being a corrupted settings file in my appdata folder. (Do a search for TunerProSettings.dat and include hidden files). Deleted the file and it started working again.