Motronic + 2timer

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

FastButBlind

Motronic + 2timer

Post by FastButBlind »

Hi all,
last night i manged to fit 2timer from moates.net to run 2 maps on the ECU, in short am trying to do a launch control, i managed to set 2 bins with same data, but with different rev limits, and it works, now i can make the car rev on 3500RPM and then switch it to normal to start in street drag, and its giving good results, but i need help with 2 things that i couldn't figure out so far

1- when the engine hit the rev limit on 3500RPM its sounds like slow cutting, not like the cutting at 7000RPM, so can i make it faster like increasing the frequency of the cutting or something like that?

2- the default rev limit cuts fuel, can i cut spark instead of fuel?

* am working on the 405 ECU XDF, with my bmw m50 2.5l non-vanos engine

thanks in advance and hope to hear a feedback soon :) i will post a vid soon ;)
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

if you work the code to cut spark instead of fuel, expect to blow up a few mufflers... cutting both would be the best possible route since it won't leave a large amount of combustible fuel and oxygen in the exhaust waiting for a cylinder to go live and ignite it all. but i don't know how much of a pain that would be to get working in the ECM.

and i assume the ECM uses a hysterisis for rev limit routine? if so, set the re-enable speed closer to the kill speed and see if that has any good results.
revlimit

Post by revlimit »

I created that XDF 405 so you got to ask big daddy. Reason why the cut is slow is because it cuts all injectors at the same time, where ideal would be to cut 3 out of 6 but that will require recoding the code and I am not going to do that, I already provided so much information that no one else came even close.
FastButBlind

Post by FastButBlind »

do you know where i can find documents and references to learn how to do this?
revlimit

Post by revlimit »

FastButBlind wrote:do you know where i can find documents and references to learn how to do this?
These is no documentation on this. Looks like you have no clue about hex editor.
FastButBlind

Post by FastButBlind »

revlimit wrote: Looks like you have no clue about hex editor.
:D it's not about not having a clue about the hex editor, what i meant, is there a reference or guide for the locations itself, for the moment i can't trace anything, thats it :wink:
Thanks