EPROM BIN Help

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

rjc078

EPROM BIN Help

Post by rjc078 »

Hi,

Just wondering if I could get some help with regards to BIN files, and yes I am a newbie to this!! I have done hours of searching and cant find the answer on the net, but I am sure its an easy answer. The BIN is ATFY from a VN Commodore

I have downloaded the ATFY BIN from the moates website and have used this in TunerPro with the correct definition and it seems to work fine. But when I download the ATFY BIN from the EPROM out of the car it will not work in TunerPro.

I have looked at both definitions in the TunerPro Hex editer and found that the one I downloaded (and works in TunerPro) starts with hex data in the first line, where the one I have downloaded from the EPROM starts off with approx 100 lines of FF and then has the data after this. I have also downloaded from the EPROM a AWUY BIN and this had the same 100 lines of FF.

If it matters I am using a Wellon programer with its software to download the EPROM

If anyone can help this would be great!!!

Thanks in advance

Rob
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Perhaps you're using the wrong addressing when doing the chip read?
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
rjc078

Post by rjc078 »

Thanks for that, Yes just last night I found on the Moates website where to start the read. (If anyone else want to know it is at http://www.moates.net/documentation.php ... tion_id=20 )

So Just to make sure what I am thinking i correct, the BIN data always go's to the end of the EPROM (Unless of course it is a larger EPROM than the original )
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

rjc078 wrote:Thanks for that, Yes just last night I found on the Moates website where to start the read. (If anyone else want to know it is at http://www.moates.net/documentation.php ... tion_id=20 )

So Just to make sure what I am thinking i correct, the BIN data always go's to the end of the EPROM (Unless of course it is a larger EPROM than the original )
Correct - the data is always at the end of the memory block when the data is smaller than the chip.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am