tunerpro locks computer up when datalogging

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

scrappy

tunerpro locks computer up when datalogging

Post by scrappy »

I have an issue, I don't know if it is a bug or just me.
When I have the computer in the car and communicating after a few minutes the computer freezes. I have to completely reboot the computer afterwards. it only does it if I am using the ALDL, My Ostrich can be hooked up all day long w/o locking up. It is probably something simple but I have no idea where to start looking. Guidance please?
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

What are the details of your system?
scrappy

Post by scrappy »

I have a Toshiba satellite A135 running Vista.
it has 3gig Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 512mb ram, and 200gigs in the HD's
I have the latest version of TPrt (4.14.0379)and am using Moates' ALDU1 cable for datalogging.
any other info you need?
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

No.

Have you tried using you cable on an XP laptop?

There aren't too many people yet using Vista to know all the possible issues yet, but from looking at the compatibility problems with other programs, this may be at least part of the issue.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

It should work fine on Vista. What is the behavior you see when you say "lock"? Does the computer simply become unresponsive altogether, or do you simply stop getting data from the vehicle, and you can't reconnect (suggesting the car's computer is "locked")?
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
scrappy

Post by scrappy »

Mangus wrote:It should work fine on Vista. What is the behavior you see when you say "lock"? Does the computer simply become unresponsive altogether, or do you simply stop getting data from the vehicle, and you can't reconnect (suggesting the car's computer is "locked")?
the first laptop I had this setup on was XP and had no issues. This computer worked good for several months until It ate a HD. I got everything reloaded and it worked fo a while.
when it locks up it locks EVERYTHING up, the mouse is frozen, I can't open the task manager. I have to force a shutdown with the powerbutton.
and get the warning for improper shutdown on restart.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Sound very much like a driver issue. Make sure you're running the latest FTDI driver:
http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
scrappy

Post by scrappy »

Thanks for the link, I downloaded it but have not had the opportunity to see if it helps. I will post my findings
scrappy

Post by scrappy »

Well, it seems to have fixed it for the limited time I played with it.
I did lock once but I think it was operator induced :roll:
thanks for the help!