1991 GMC Jimmy with TBI 350...datastream issue or me?

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

TGPilot

1991 GMC Jimmy with TBI 350...datastream issue or me?

Post by TGPilot »

Hey Mark,

I am trying to use the 1227747_42.ads for data reading and it is incredibly slow. ex...if I blip the throttle to rev it will rise and fall in actual RPM before it shows on the dashboard as a change. All other parameters do the same thing.

Is it the speed of the ECM or do I need to change something on my laptop?

Thanks much!
-Kenny
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

I have noticed the same, that the '7747 seems to output data rather slowly, or at least update slowly.

If there is a fix for this, I'm all ears.
HarpSeal1

Post by HarpSeal1 »

this thread is a bit old but i think both you guys have a 160 buad ECM. You should upgrade to a 8625 ecm, it has a 8192 baud output for data logging, so it should be much more responsive. If you look on thirdgen.org you will see a lot of guys upgrading to the 8625 ecms. It requires a bit of wiring work, youll need to make an adaptor for your ecm connectors to match an 8625 ecm connector.
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

HarpSeal1 wrote:this thread is a bit old but i think both you guys have a 160 buad ECM. You should upgrade to a 8625 ecm, it has a 8192 baud output for data logging, so it should be much more responsive. If you look on thirdgen.org you will see a lot of guys upgrading to the 8625 ecms. It requires a bit of wiring work, youll need to make an adaptor for your ecm connectors to match an 8625 ecm connector.
Yep, have seen that, not an option for the application I'm using a 7747 in.