8746 ECU differences

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

jeepguy553

8746 ECU differences

Post by jeepguy553 »

I hadn't seen this board before, Mangus. Cool!
I was playing around with TunerPro earlier and I noticed that different ECUs will show different values for the same address.
For instance...I went into my ANLU bin using the 8746jprevost ECU and disabled EGR by setting the EGR Temp ON to zero (-40F). I saved the modified BIN and swapped ECUs to another 8746 ECU. I pulled up the same value from the same address and it had 255 in there as the value. What gives? Is this an A/D thing or is one of my ECUs screwed up? :? :shock:
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

this is a negative side effect of the ECU file format being in "public domain". That is, anyone can create one, mistakes and all.

The best thing to do is find a well commented hack for your code mask (what code mask are you using, anyway?) and verify things for yourself.

Mark
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
jeepguy553

Post by jeepguy553 »

I am using the $61 code mask. I started with the ANLU bin. The Jeep actually started yesterday...and ran pretty well even with the smoke and all at idle. Once I get the AP and figure out how to really use it, I'll get the idle smoke cleared up pretty quickly. I remember someone saying that the ANLU VE% tables would need a pretty serious rework and I believe that he was right. I opened the throttles a little and the smoke seemed to clear up a bit.