Get me started on tuning basics

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

ck1984

Get me started on tuning basics

Post by ck1984 »

i got a 5.3 swapped into a gbody to NON electronic tranny.
I just did minimum basics like vats delete and enabled electric fans and drove it as is all summer..
Its been running fine all summer BUT has re-occuring codes dealing with evap and TCC
I hadnt hooked up the TCC brake switch wire to anything until recently but even when i did and reset the codes with a scanner , all the TCC codes came back.[as well as evap codes and actualy a 9th code now dealing with VSS]

So now im ready to start deleting some of these DTCs with tunerpro[ i was given a list to delete a long time ago]

So in my 1221256 xdf under Engine DTC processing i think i have 2 parameters i may have to change

C6001 Engine DTC processing enablers- which has 4 different values
0=high priority
1=medium priority
2=low priority
3=DTC not enabled

C6002-Engine DTC Mil Enablers- which has 2 different values
0= no MIL
1=MIL

So with all those DTC codes i want to delete; does that mean setting them all to 3=DTC not enabled under C6001
AND also setting all those same DTCs to 0=no MIL under C6002?
one or the other OR both?

Also theres 5 Tranny DTCs listed to possibly change DTCs on that list i was given.
Do i change all these too?

SO when i actually double click on one of these DTCs to change the values i listed, what should the Editor box have in the FUNCTION drop down box and what number in the vlaue box?
the editor FUNCTION has these options in drop down box
Offset(+/-)
Multiply
Divide
Cpy Frm Cmpr
Fill with value
Smooth

I dont wanna just assume its supposed to be Fill with value and 1.0 in Value box