1227747 $42 ALDL def

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

scottm

1227747 $42 ALDL def

Post by scottm »

I am playing with a '90 s-10 pu with 4.3 v6. I have the Moates apu1 package and tunerpro rt. I downloaded the TP 1227747_42.ads file to my laptop and hooked it up to the aldl yesterday for the first time. It records data but I have 3 things that seem wrong. The temp when cold starts out at 184° C, and drops down to 47 C as it warms up, but my dash temp gauge reads right. Could there be a multiplier inverted in the definition file?

Also the O2 reading zigzaggs from top to bottom constantly. I dont know what it is supposed to do, but that doesn't seem right.

Plus I was unable to record a data log. It kept saying something like 'unable to create the data log'. I tried to create one from the preferences page, but got the same result. Any suggestions what to do?

Scott
I spend most of my money on beer, women, and racing. The rest I just waste.
scottm

Post by scottm »

OK, I understand two of my problems. The O2 reading is supposed to constantly zigzag up and down. And recording a data log requires naming a new log first, then tunerpro automatically sees it as the working file.

I still don't know why my temp reads backwards. I installed winADLD at someones recommendation, but that is a whole different program and I want to stay with tunerpro.
honken

Post by honken »

Aboute the temp i think you need to do a lookup table in the datastream
definition.

When in closed loop the co2 goes up and down yes its right.

You need to kreate a log file (enter a name and save).
scottm

Post by scottm »

Also my truck is a 90 s-10 4.3 with manual trans, chip program APAA. I have not seen this particular combination in any of the ecm web info I have found. Could that explain the reverse temp?

So I either need a different aldl definition file to try, or I need to edit the coolant temp equation in the current .ads. Anyone have a working equation?