New to tuner pro, maybe I'm missing these things, but??

Submit feature suggestions for future versions of TunerPro here.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

tek1229

New to tuner pro, maybe I'm missing these things, but??

Post by tek1229 »

Hi guys, I'm trying to create my own XDF from scratch, I might be doing it wrong, but..

Is there a way to have or create an XDF parameter that can show the OS?? I know where it is, and I can use a hex editor to find it, but I thought it would be good to have it read and shown within my XDF so I can verify that this XDF is compatible with the XDF itself.. I don't see anywhere where this can be done.. Scaler.flag.switch/table/function/patch don't really do what I want as far as I can tell..

2nd question is for a flag or switch.. I have a byte that's a 06 but I want to be able to change it from 06 to 02, possibly back and forth as needed.. Can anyone break down how I would do this?? It's 1 byte, so it's not really a table, right?? I thought flag would be best, and I can make it change from 06 to 02, or 02 to 06, but not back and forth with the same flag/switch.. Am I doing it wrong, would a different XDF object be better suited for this??

Thanks in advance for any help provided!!!
dex
The Ford Guy

Re: New to tuner pro, maybe I'm missing these things, but??

Post by dex »

For your first question it depends on how the OS is identified in the binary file as to what the best way of displaying it would be. e.g. what is the size of raw data, length, output type etc.

For the second question, use a flag to toggle bit 2. This will allow you to change the value from 6 to 2 and back again.
tek1229

Re: New to tuner pro, maybe I'm missing these things, but??

Post by tek1229 »

Thanks!!!

I ended up figuring out how to display the vin and serial and OS as a table.. It's hex to ascii.. I found another XDF that kind of did what I wanted so I borrowed the info and simply changed it to match my addresses..

Would love it if I could find a way to have it check the OS itself for compatibility sake but I can read and verify it myself..

Thanks for the toggle bit 2 information.. I was not thinking in Binary.. Will put that to use!!!

I'll add to this topic if that is ok?

I have not seen much information on checksums, and I defiinitely lack the ability to write an add on for it.
I can add checksums for each segment into the XDF header info, I am assuming that it is updated when I go to save??

The other thing is that I know that the segment changes with the OS, but each segment can be stored in a different location, with different checksum addresses.. I know where these are written.. Is it possible to use memory locations from the bin in the checksum start,end and checksum write locations?? Could make my XDF function across multpiple OS's for this given ecu..

Next and last question for now.. I did not see it, and searching the forum didn't find much(I may not be searching correctly) but my bin also has some crc16 checks for each segment used as a CVN. is that possible with tunerpro??