Problem getting tuner pro to work with win7 laptop

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Ducvet

Problem getting tuner pro to work with win7 laptop

Post by Ducvet »

Let me start by apologizing for my lack of computer knowledge I will try and learn as fast as i can.

I have downloaded tunerpro on my laptop and I get a message saying it cannot find MSVCR120.dll because it is missing from the computer.

After I click okay a few times it goes away and tuner pro seems to be open but I do not want to mess something up if it is not functioning properly so I do not dare use it.

I read a few forums (lurking) that had me download from microsoft and update that should have added them but no luck. The interesting thing is my desktop running the same tunerpro and operating system fires it up right away.

When I go into my documents tunerpro Files plugins I see them all there.
But if I get tunerpro to open (after the warnings) I go to help and plugins and there is nothing listed. I have also tried uninstalling and re-installing a few times with no change.

Any idea where I am going wrong?
I assume it is something with a setting that is off as the desktop had no such issue. I am about ready to take the laptop somewhere because I seem to be running in circles
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Sounds like some plug-in component you're using requires the VS2013 runtime, but it's not installed on one of your machines.

The latest builds of TunerPro and TunerPro RT were built with VS2017, so it wouldn't be a core component causing this (hence your ability to run after you click through the errors).

You can get the VS2013 runtime here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=40784
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Ducvet

Post by Ducvet »

Magnus
Thank you for the reply. I do believe the download you have linked me to is the one I have already downloaded with no luck. I would check but I dropped the laptop off at a computer shop yesterday to see if they could spot what I cannot see .

If/when they find it I will post up in case anyone else runs across this issue. I did find the .dll files in the plug in folder but for some reason the computer does not see to be finding them when the program searches for them.
Ducvet

Post by Ducvet »

okay update from the computer store is that they cannot get the error messages to go away. They believe the software is running after you clear them (as do I ) but there is no way to know if the program will run into other errors that could be problematic say mid loading a file.

They are recommending I update to windows 10 something to do with visual C+++ being in windows 10 but separate from windows 7. I still do not see why the laptop running 7 pro has a issue but the desktop also running 7 pro does not. Are they not the same?

What do you think should I have them switch me to 10? I do fear most that some of my programs will not work with 10 but they assure me they can roll it back if that is the case.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

You won't run into other errors if you leave it as is. In general, what runs in Win7 runs fine in Win10.

Try deleting all of the DLL files in my documents/TunerPro files/ plug-ins.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Ducvet

Post by Ducvet »

Update!!!

Okay so after my last post they called all excited that they found it. Somehow the program (or my computer) thought it was a 32 bit system and not a 64 bit system. When they changed that setting suddenly the problem is gone.

I hope to test it out within a day or two and then my real learning can begin. Thank you for your Help I hope to not pester you again for a while.