Holden LS1 tuning

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

gramps

Holden LS1 tuning

Post by gramps »

Has anyone tried this guys software, does this even work with the models listed?
I thought there was no tunerpro files for these cars.
Wonder if this is worth it but unsure.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/162108316648
Olaf

Post by Olaf »

That looks very similar to the "free" (read only) LS1 Flash Tool that Antus from PCMHacking.net had been developing.

There are only one or two OBD2 XDF files (for the 512 Kb PCMs) available for free on the internet. That doesn't mean these don't exist, they are just not publically available.

For what it is worth, the free read only tool by Antus seemed to work OK.
gramps

Post by gramps »

Excuse for my ignorance.
How does this scantool work with tunerpro.
I have done a 5.0l in the past but it was years ago and i need a update on how to use as i have been stuck using nistune for a few years now.
Olaf

Post by Olaf »

Scanning using TunerPro requires the correct ADX file, and an interface (cable) that will support this ADX.

Jayme at Delcohacking.net developed a rudimentary ADX for the 512 Kb PCMs, so I'm guessing this is the ADX (or one similar) that would be included with your eBay purchase.

The interface cable from the eBay advertisement that you linked, looks like it was homemade, and likely won't have the capacity for an input from a wide band oxygen sensor. Without incorporating a wide band oxygen sensor, the scanning then retuning process will be much less efficient / accurate.