$DA3 Definition...

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Dwalk47

$DA3 Definition...

Post by Dwalk47 »

I downloaded the DA3.xdf file from http://www.tunerpro.net/downloadBinDefs.htm and it seems like a few of the locations are off in the file.

I am running an STS trubo on a 383 with 50 #/hr injectors, and so I had pcmforless do a base tune, and they ended up "rescaling" some tables for boost and such. Still, it seems to me that the values would have to be in the same spots for the ECU to recognize them.

One problem specifically is that the open loop %change to airfuel ratio table vs. map table is defined as 6d3->6E3 and the Startup enrichment vs. Coolant temp table is defined at 6E3->6F0. If I change the value that overlaps in one table, and then save it, the value is changed in the other table as well. Also, my VE table looks different from anything I've ever seen before, but it may be another issue.

Admittedly, I am a major newbie to tuning, so I may be way off base here, but thanks for taking a look.

Dan
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Hi Dan -

Yeah, it looks like there are indeed some mistakes. The DA3 hack is here:
http://www.moates.net/files/5)%20Source%20Code%20and%20Hacks/DA3.zip

Feel free to correct them and be sure to send me the result for posting!

Thanks,

Mark
Last edited by Mangus on Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Dwalk47

Post by Dwalk47 »

I've talked to alvin at PCM for less and he's said that the bin is pretty hacked up because of the 2-bar map sensor and so I don't know how accurate any of my changes will be.

That being said, I don't really know where to start. My programming experience has been limited to a bit of C++, and just looking at the disassembly, it's a bit overwhelming. Anything that I can read or look at to get the hang of reading this stuff manually? Thanks,

Dan
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Dwalk47

Post by Dwalk47 »

I don't see any of the tables in the disassembly notes... None of the codes are the same as the .edu files either.

Still, I'm figuring things out a little bit...

Dan
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Startup enrichment vs. Coolant temp table should be 6E4->71B according to the Z3disassnotes.txt. (search on 0x86D3 and 0x86E4 - note that 0x8000 is the base address of the disassembly).
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am