1994 Camaro 3.4 Getting Started!

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

IDcavy93

1994 Camaro 3.4 Getting Started!

Post by IDcavy93 »

Hello all! Hoping I could pick your brains a little here. I am sure that this has already been answered somewhere, but I didn't see it off-hand.
I would like to start by saying that I plan to swap another motor into this Camaro. I will most likely stick with a GM V6. I'm thinking 3.9 or 3.8.

I digress--SORRY! Before I even THINK about a swap, I want to become familiar with using TunerPro on my ECM. If memory serves me well, this is one of the two years that had a FLASH memory.

Can someone please guide me as to what I need to configure in order to communicate with my ECM? I have a cable for OBDI and have had a LITTLE luck in talking to it, but I think I'm on the wrong track. What BAUD rate do I use? Is there a particular mask that will work? How do I know which mask to run? Is there a way to extract the BIN from the ECM?

That ought to get me started. I appreciate any help and I think you guys ROCK!

Thanks!
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

what you have is a P66 V6 PCM, they ran from 1993-1995 on the 3.4 F-bodies and 93-95 on 3100 powered FWD cars(speed-density only, the 94-95 A-bodies with a 3100 use a modified version of the 94-95 W-body 3.4 PCM, which itself is a derivative of the pre-94 series 1 3800 PCM..... the rabbit hole goes further, but you get the idea).

the ADX you would use to communicate with the PCM is the same as the other 94-95 3100/3.4RWD applications. the 93 are a bit on their own, but largely identical. I've uploaded the ADX you need to more than a few places, the first one that comes to mind that I keep up to date is on the gearhead-efi forum or from my dropbox. I don't know if I've sent the most recent version to Mark yet.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q10dtjezoecez ... 6.zip?dl=0

I have also uploaded an archive of the BINs used with this PCM, but you could also pull your own if desired. the easiest way to go about that would be with madtuner's or tunercat's software that is used to upload or download BINs.

after that, to interact with the BIN, you'll need the correct XDF, which I've also uploaded to the same places as the ADX.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjfu33nbmdael ... 5.zip?dl=0

that should get you started, at the very least.
IDcavy93

Post by IDcavy93 »

FANTASTIC! Thank you very much!
Since it is similar to the FWDs, I can probably catch on pretty quickly. I've been using TunerPro on my 1993 1227730 modified with EBL P4 Flash. But that also used Bob's WUD to up and download BINs.

Thanks again! Like I said, you guys ROCK!!