How to completely uninstall Tunerpro RT?

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

paramax55

How to completely uninstall Tunerpro RT?

Post by paramax55 »

My installation of Tunerpro RT on my Winows7 computer has become glitchy. I am using a Quarterhorse. Everything was working fine except that I could not get hit tracing to work. I was messing with the DA Assoc. tab without having a ADX file set up. The program crashed and Windows shut it down. Windows continued to shut it down every time I tried to connect to the hardware after that. I used to get an error message about the Moates dll. Now, Tunerpro says "hardware not found" and I can not get it to connect. Meanwhile, other programs will connect just fine on the same computer and I have an older computer with an old version if Tunerpro RT that also connects just fine. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the program and I still have the same error.

Is there a way to manually remove some of the residual parts of the program after uninstalling?
paramax55

Post by paramax55 »

I just tested it with another of my cars using an Ostrich. I get the same thing... Tunerpro RT won't see the Moates hardware and connect. This is a car that I have been using with Tunerpro RT for YEARS. Any help would be MUCH appreciated.
paramax55

Post by paramax55 »

I tried reverting to some older versions. Build 5.00.5197.00 and older connect just fine on this computer. Version number 5.00.8(something) will not connect. It used to connect, but now it does not. I am also getting an error now that says "Unable to extract IO.SYS. Log in as a user who has such permission."
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

There's nothing with the TunerPro RT installation that would become corrupt. If the app runs, then your installation is fine. However, to answer your question, uninstall as you normally would, then delete the c:\program files (x86)\tunerpro rt\ directory. Yours may not have the (x86) piece. Then delete the my "documents\tunerpro files\" directory. This removes everything.

That likely won't get you running, though. I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling the FTDI drivers, and make sure you're using the latest of those.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
paramax55

Post by paramax55 »

I can try re-installing the drivers, but I'm not so sure that will do it. When I tried the Ostrich, the computer installed the drivers fresh since It had never been connected to an Ostrich before. It also works on older versions - just not the newer one. Can a .dll be corrupt? Are they all stored in the Tunerpro directory? Nothing in the Win32 directory?
paramax55

Post by paramax55 »

That didn't work. The program still shows up as being registered when I re-install. Something else is still residual.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Suffice it to say, there's no way whatsoever that this fact would affect TunerPro's detection of your hardware.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure at this time where else to steer you other than what I've mentioned. FWIW, the last resort would be a reinstallation of the OS, which is a bit like taking Thor's hammer to a screw.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am