gibberish on the dashboard

Discuss anything tuning related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

IRISHTY

gibberish on the dashboard

Post by IRISHTY »

Bought an APU-1 and all the goodies in april/may of this year for my 93 Typhoon. All i'm trying to do at this time is datalog. Won't connect (back in april/may). Tried everything I could think of. E-mailed Craig and Mark got some information but nothing helped. Put it in the closet and left it there.

Fast forward. Found my son's old computer with Datamaster installed on it. Plugged it in and same thing, Said no aldl connection. Well I have a little time so I checked out everything, cables, aldl connections, grounds and connectivity. Found some grounds that were suspect and cleaned them up and metered them. Everything should work....nope still not connectivity.

I hooked Tuner pro v5 back up and at least I can see somthing on the dash now but its bs. Coolant -40.C 4/7 mph sitting in my garage and the like. Just flashes back and forth on anything I put in the dashboard.

Ground was still sketchy thru the aldl so I went to the boneyard and got another and installed it directly to the ecm. Nothing sketchy now but the same display.

The truck is mostly stock w/stock chip. Just trying to see where i'm at before I go to code59. Computer is downstairs but I think the ads file is syty58.ads. I have three I have swithed between with no joy. Changed latency from 1 thru 100.

It is entirely and most likely I have missed something and believe me I have read and reread everytlhing I can find.

I realize code59 is the way to go I gotta understand what i'm doing first if that makes any sense.

Anyway any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Dan.
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

There are some good ADS/ADXs for $58 on the code59 forum, have you tried them?

Also try another ECM, some people have experienced problems with connectivity through the ALDL port with a problematic ECM.

A 1227730 can be substituted for the '7749, but may need a couple pins changed, one being for the ALDL serial connection and one for the injectors, IIRC.
IRISHTY

Post by IRISHTY »

Thanks for the reply. Its as good a place to start as anywhere. I contacted Steve and he thinks he has a spare. He will check it out today/tonight and if its good ship it to me and I'll try again.

I do think I got the ads. files off of code59. I'll have to look. Thanks again, Dan.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Stick to Code59 for sure. You'll get a lot of targeted help there. They have a modified version that makes it much easier to connect with the APU1 (modification gets rid of the extra chatter present in the stock calibration).

In fact, you should consider moving to Code 59 (replacing your 58 mask withi 59 mask).
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am