89 Iroc datalog sporadic data Help!

Discuss anything tuning related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

91v8s10blazer

89 Iroc datalog sporadic data Help!

Post by 91v8s10blazer »

I have a 1989 Iroc with a 350. Only mods are headers and custom dual exhaust, AIR removed. AFS-74 3-wire O2 installed.

I am new to tuning these engines and would appreciate any help you all could give.

I have looked on various forums and tried everything I have seen to fix this problem and nothing seems to work.

I am using Tunerpro RT and a moates autoprom unit.

I have loaded the 6E xdf and 1227165_6E adx from tunerpro's website

The problem is whenever I try to datalog I get useless information and the number just start jumping sporadically.

This is a youtube video of the issue.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSstGLaLI1k

I have tried adding in a 20ms pause as I saw suggested for a similar problem on the tunerpro forums but it didnt help.

With all this being said, there have been a few instances where I did get good data out of the system but i would change screens and the it was back to this sporadic data again.

I would appreciate any help regarding this matter.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

using the 10K resistor?
91v8s10blazer

Post by 91v8s10blazer »

Yes I am using the 10k resistor but I have tried it both ways with what seems like no effect.

I hooked it up to the car again the other day and just let I run for about 15 minutes and it finally started working. But went back to the sporadic behavior again.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Have you checked for loose wires or connections on the ALDL connector or line between it and the ECM? Is everything grounded properly? With 6E (assuming your car is TPI and not TBI), once it gets a solid connection at 8192 baud, it should stay solid.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
91v8s10blazer

Post by 91v8s10blazer »

I checked the ALDL cable. seemed to be okay. I will check the rest of the wiring next. I briefly looked at it the other day and all the connectors seemed secure but I will look into that a little more. Thanks for the suggestions, and yes its a L98 TPI. Thanks for the suggestions. If all the wires are secure does anyone have any other ideas?
Thanks again.