Tuning E36 for E85

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

hollywood_x

Tuning E36 for E85

Post by hollywood_x »

So I have installed 55 lb/hr injectors and a 300lph fuel pump and have the car running pretty good actually. However the ECU seems to be learning fuel trims I don't want and messing up my tune. It takes awhile but eventually the idle gets high and I start getting more erratic fueling.

My O2 sensor adaptation is switched off which I thought shut down the ECU from remembering LTFT's. I also noticed my target lambda is set for 1.3 stock which is weird because I'm not sure why it would attempt to target 19.11 AFR's stock so I am guessing the address maybe off in my XDF.

One thing I did manage to accomplish with all this is getting the injector latency scaling and conversion correct;

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m308 ... injlat.jpg

Having the ability to correctly adjust latency helps tremendously. If anyone here can help me out with getting fuel trims in line it would be appreciated and I can email my XDF and BIN to any of you experts who would like to look over what I have and make sure my addresses (Like target lambda) are correct.
aboutton

Post by aboutton »

i can try to help, send me your XDF
alltechmachinery@yahoo.com
hollywood_x

Post by hollywood_x »

Sent, let me know what you think
tydriver

Post by tydriver »

I am very interested in this as well, I have the 55# motronic injectors that will be going in on my '93 325is when the paint project is completed. I also want to tune it for e85 as ultimately it will be turbo'd..

Were you able to make any gains ?