Exhaust flames on overrun, 413 ecu??

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

jullipg

Exhaust flames on overrun, 413 ecu??

Post by jullipg »

hello

I just got an Ostrich II emulator in my 413 ecu and i am new to car tuning, i was wondering if it´s possble to turn the "overrun fuel cut" off and get some nice exhaust flames on shifting.

any suggjestion to "overrun flames" would be well appreciated

jullipg
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

i'm not going to claim to know anything about Bosch ECMs, but that kind of operation is a death sentence to any exhaust component other than tubing.

however, the most effective way to cause this would be to NOT cut fuel, and instead, prevent(or delay as long as possible) spark. when the plugs do ignite the air/fuel mixture in the combustion chamber, it will cause some of the unburned fuel in the exhaust to ignite and the flame front should travel throughout the exhaust at roughly the same speed as the other exhaust pulses, and eventually net you a flame coming out of wherever your exhaust ends.

IMO: waste of fuel(and O2 sensors, mufflers, cats, resonators) for some pointless 2FAST2FURIOUS style ricer crap.
EagleMark

Post by EagleMark »

I don't think that is even possible with a cat! Let alone the damage to cat!

But without a cat, putting a spark plug near the tip of exhaust is how old school hot rodders did it. Then when they rev the engine and let off the pedal is when you hit the button to spark plug to ignite hydrocarbons... so you would have to turn off decel fuel cutoff in ecm...
1990 Chevy Suburban
1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1.
1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 TBI

GearHead-EFI.com EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners!