GUFB displacement scaler

Discuss Ford tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

lsh3rd

GUFB displacement scaler

Post by lsh3rd »

I am new to TunerPro, so please excuse if this has been asked already in the past.

I am considering buying a Moates QH for my '86 Mustang currently running '93 Cobra electrics. I have a 351 in my car, so the first thing I did was to look at the "engine displacement" scaler. This will be the very first thing I want to adjust. Looking at this gave me strange results since it indicated a displacement of 1949.41ci!! I think that perhaps the gufb definition file is wrong in this area. If I load the bin file into a hex editor, it points to a place in ROM that seems to have filler data. If I change the value and save the file, I can see the value is written to the "Address" offset indicated in the XDF. Therefore, I can guess the Address is definitely incorrect.

Does a newer XDF file exist? I downloaded the latest available on the TunerPro website.

I'd like to have an idea of how complete/correct the gufb XDF is before I commit to registering TunerPro.

Thanks,
Larry Harris
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

Probably a bin size error, have you seen this post http://forum.tunerpro.net/viewtopic.php?t=530
lsh3rd

Post by lsh3rd »

Thank you, Dex... that was it exactly! I chose to use the bin size and offset calculation method to match the majority of bins I see out there. It immediately popped up a sensible value of 301.08 ci.

Larry