95 Z28 LT1 A4 Camaro

Discuss anything tuning related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Chaos1187

95 Z28 LT1 A4 Camaro

Post by Chaos1187 »

I need to make the PCM on the car default back to stock. I need to upload a stocki.bin file?? Or what do I need to do I am at a total loss here. The car functions at wrong cells during idle, deceleration, etc. Someone else solved this by loading a stock tune...

I downloaded tunerpro rt with the two file for my car that go with the program (EE.xdf and the other file for the aldl i believe). I havent plugged up to the car yet as I dont know what to do next.

Help please..
EagleMark

Post by EagleMark »

TunerPro can not upload (flash) the LT1 ECM. It can read, datalog and even make changes to the .bin file but not capable of flashing your ECM.
Chaos1187

Post by Chaos1187 »

Where is a good place to send off the PCM to get what I need done to it?? What price range am I looking at?
EagleMark

Post by EagleMark »

Not sure but Moates has always led me in the right direction.

http://www.moates.net/
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

If you like TunerPro, use TunerPro to tune, and use WinFlash (which $20 from TunerCat) to do the read/write from/to the PCM.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
EagleMark

Post by EagleMark »

Cool! I just read the tunercat website and it said you need to hook up serial port to ALDL port. Is there a USB option?

Is the tunercat winflash differant then the free ones I found doing a google search?
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

What free ones? (Links please)

Any ALDL cable should work, USB or serial (USB cables work through serial enumation).
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
EagleMark

Post by EagleMark »

<snip google search URL - google search results weren't relevant>
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

What am I looking for here? Those hits are computer (PC) BIOS flash utilities, and have nothing to do with vehicles. Unless I'm missing something.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
EagleMark

Post by EagleMark »

No I just searched for winflash and found those but no links to tunercat, so I went to tunercat website to find it...
whitebread

Post by whitebread »

Sorry dont mean to thread jack. but can someone point me in the right direction to start using tunerpro on my 99' ss ls1. I run ostrich 2.0 and jackal (soon to be using tunerpro) on my built 1g dsm. Thanks guys