Need some Dual Fan Help`

Discuss anything tuning related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

toliphint

Need some Dual Fan Help`

Post by toliphint »

Need some help from someone that’s ‘been there & done that’ -------

Have 1227730 ECM, $8D Mask & Using TunerPro RT (TP).

Both fans work exactly as they should – to a point:
- Fan 1 turns on at ECM set coolant temperature
- Fan 2 turns on any time A/C is requested (+ Fan 1 turns on if not already on)

I’m want Fan 2 to turn on using ECM settings rather than using an ECM pin jumper from Fan 1.

TP allows setting a value called ‘Fan 2 Enable Temp (Deg C)’, at which Fan 2 should turn on [Address is 37A hex]. When I set this to, say, 60*C [140*F] the fan does not come on. Rather, once reaching 140*F, I see in the ‘ALDL Flags’ window that ‘Fan 2 Requested’ and ‘Fan 2’ under the heading ‘AIR Word Mode’ are rapidly cycling [displaying] between ‘Requested’ and ‘Not Requested’, but Fan 2 never comes on. Also while this is going on, idle is erratic as if it is trying to compensate for A/C coming on and off.

What do I need to do in the ECM settings, without using a hard jumper to Fan 1, to have the ECM turn on Fan 2 at the requested temp.?
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Tom -

This is another good post for thirdgen.org diy-prom (or even the ECM forum). You're more likely to find the specialized audience with the explicit experience that you need over there. I think the audience is a little less specialized over here.

Just a thought! Good luck, and sorry I can't personally provide help with this one!

-M
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
toliphint

Post by toliphint »

Thanks Magnus. Will do.