Tunerpro RT will not connect to my car. Please help

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

blackandblue223

Tunerpro RT will not connect to my car. Please help

Post by blackandblue223 »

Hi, I've got a 93 camaro, and a cable from aldlcables.com, and i've successfully hooked it up to other software, that reads it and everything with no problems. I loaded up tunerpro rt, it tells me that the cable is found and functional, but when i connect, no information shows up. I start the log, and nothing is displayed. If anyone knows how to get a successful connection, it would be really helpful. Thanks.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

are you using a DA2 or DA3 ADS or ADX?
blackandblue223

I'm using a DA2 adx, and when i go to save the bin file, it tells me one or more checksums could not be updated. How do I fix that?
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

wait....... what are you trying to do?

ADX files are used to read the datastream coming from the PCM via the ALDL port.

BIN files are your actual tune. they are what eventually get burned onto chips.

XDF files basically define where and how data is used in a BIN file.
blackandblue223

Alright, sorry, my situation has changed since I first posted the topic. I now have a connection to my car, and can read the information from inside tunerpro. From my understanding, to make changes to my PCM, I have to change the bin file using the controls in tunerpro, save it, and upload it to my car with other software. When I try to save my bin file, it gives me an error that one or more checksums could not be updated.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

a 93 LT1 can't have files uploaded like later version... it has to be programmed into an EEPROM(or EPROM if you really have the time to wait for a UV Erase).

but that can wait, since there seems to be other issues...

which BIN are you using?
blackandblue223

I'm just using one of the bins that was included with my tunerpro rt download.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

there lies your problem. mark only included a couple of 32, 32B or 6E BINs IIRC... you need an actual DA BIN, preferably one that is either the one your vehicle runs on now, or a revision of it.
blackandblue223

where do I get that? sorry for all the questions, I'm new to this, as you can tell.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

if you're lucky, someone else will have already pulled the BIN from a similar MEMCAL. i have a few DA BINs, but we need to know which one you already have that way we know which ones are compatible.

so, find your PCM, pull the MEMCAL out(or just open the cover for it and look) and record the 4 letter code on it somewhere, then post it on here.
blackandblue223

Does BDZJ sound right? that was the only four letter code I could find.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

yep, 93 f-car with LT1, 4L60, 2.73 gears and meets federal emissions.

the latest calibration for that exact setup is BNXD.

i have a BDZL, which is meant for the same car, except with 3.23 gears, that should get you somewhere until you are able to pull your own BIN off of the MEMCAL or find someone who already has it.
blackandblue223

Sounds good to me. What else do I need software/hardware wise to tune the car? Thanks for the help.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

you have pretty much all of the software already. i can email you the XDF and BIN, since you already have an ADX working(and obviously an ALDL cable).

hardware: if you're good with soldering, pick up a BURN2, HDR1, a 28-pin DIP socket and ~ 27SF512 chips from moates.net.

if you're not so great with soldering, get a BURN2, a G1 adapter with a ZIF socket and 2 27SF512 chips from moates.
blackandblue223

Alright, Again, thanks a lot. Also, the car has 3.73 gears in it, if that changes anything. my email is blackandblue@epix.net
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

to account for the change in gears, you'll have to play with the VSS constant. since the ECM is expecting 3.23, but you have 3.73, you'll have to divide the existing pulse per mile by 1.154798761609907 (3.73/3.23) and then the speed value in the ECM should be correct. tire sizes will also change this, but not nearly as dramatic as gearing changes. :wink: