TPv5 RT logging issue

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

magg

TPv5 RT logging issue

Post by magg »

Asked this question in general discussion without resolutiom, issue might be better raised as a bug.

Need help to understand the best method for repeated start/stop logging without having to shutdown the TPv5 RT application. Problem occurs when a logging period is saved & the laptop is placed in hibernation or standby with TPv5 RT still open. When I return to TPv5 RT & begin new logging session, the new log record includes the time elapsed from the last record saved. This results in a record that can be many hours long before the newl data record period appears at the end of the record.

Was hoping that I would not have to shutdown TPv5 RT application at the connclusion of every logging run.

Comments by some suggestion it has always been an issue with TP5 RT & others say they have not had this problem.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Does this problem manifest if you do not sleep/hibernate the computer between runs?
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
magg

Post by magg »

Mangus, short answer yes.

Have run a number of senarious & it appears the only time the log record starts at zero time with data, is when TP5 application is closed & then restarted for the next logging session.

Even when a logging session is stopped then saved and TP5 kept running, the next logging session will have a blank data period at the beginning of the log equal to the time elapsed since the last log. Same outcome when laptop placed in hibernate & TP5 remains open.
dfddfd2

Post by dfddfd2 »

Mark,

This is the same problem I reported 6/2309. There are some example XDLs in that email.

Dave
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Thanks Magg. That was the piece of information that I needed!

Dave, yes, I have quite a few examples of this and know it exists. I've tried many times to figure out why it's happening, but now I think I have a good idea...
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am