can't raise the rev limit

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

FastButBlind

can't raise the rev limit

Post by FastButBlind »

Hi,
Am using the 173 XDF for tuning, just notice that I cant raise the rev limit to 7000 RPM, I set it in primary and secondary to 6709 and get saved in the bin file, but it keep the rev-limit to 6500 RPM, I did it many times and disconnected the ostrich2 and ECU and did it again, with now use, I also burned it to a chip to see if the Ostrich is making the problem, but it still rev till 6500 RPM.
I tried it with other stock 173 BIN file and got it to rev to 7000, why my other tuned file can't rev to 7000RPM wile the stock one does?!
revlimit

Post by revlimit »

maybe you are using different software of 173 ecu. Stay with the file that comes with the XDF in the download section
FastButBlind

Post by FastButBlind »

The problem is that i did raise the ignition and it worked well, i do read the original BIN file from the ECU itself
FastButBlind

Post by FastButBlind »

now it rev nicely to 7000RPM with much torque with the modes done, one of the mods are after market rocker arms, can't i rev it past 7000rpm?! i tried few higher values, but it always correct it, and still rev at 7000, what can be done to increase it?