Edit Motronic 3.1 for BMW M50B25 3.0

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Luckkeeper

Edit Motronic 3.1 for BMW M50B25 3.0

Post by Luckkeeper »

Good day dear Sirs. I have built M50B25 engine with 3.0 volume. Compression ratio is about 11:1. I want to install Bosch 0280150440 208 light rose injectors (from M52B28) and I want to decrease ignition dwell angle. DME is Motronic 3.1. I have three question for you:
1. Is a anybody knows, how to recalculate the figures in ignition menu? I loaded XDF and BIN file for M3.1 403 block. But I have figures in table "Part Throttle Ignition(raw data)" about "30" for 680 RPM. It's too high for ignition dwell angle on this RPM. How to define real ignition dwell angle on the basis of figures in tables.
2. Second question about fuel map. What are displaying each of tables in FUEL menu. I understand what is WOT and what is fuel map. I need short description for each of them. What figures are displaying in each of the table. Is it volume of injection fuel per second or any other parameters? If I will understand that maybe I can recalculate fuel map for more performance injectors.
3. What means figures in injectors constant and rev limit menus. I have accordingly "54953" and "6965" figures.

BMW is perfect cars and in our hand they become better )))
revlimit

Post by revlimit »

I created those XDF files for BMW, as for dwell I don't know what values represent but it could be lower value shorter dwell duration or oposite, you should do some experimenting and report.
As for fuel maps they are "lambda target maps" value 128 means stoich 14.7 air fuel ratio target. These maps are only for fine tuning, they can't trim down fuel enough for major power.
FastButBlind

Post by FastButBlind »

Luckkeeper why you need to change the dwell, we have did the same setup with m50 2.5L to max it into 3.0L with 405 ECU, all I did is adjusting little fuel with minor advance with higher rev limit, and turned into a tire burner with 14.7-12.9 AFR, also we did use the red tops 200cc injectors to it, but about dwell I just didn't change anything.
Beware of random dwell change it could result with a fried coil, I have seen this with standalone ECUs.
Hope that can help :)
Jens Petersen

Post by Jens Petersen »

The ignition values in the BOSCH 3.1 ecu´s have a faktor that is: multiply by 0.75 and then -22.5.
You wil have to tell tunerpro to use that equation.
Right clik on the XDF in the tables/functions menu, then go to conversion in the XDF, left clik on the edit... option in the top right corner, and write x*0.75 -22.5
Then you will have the before TDC degr in the ignition map. You have to do this for every ignition map to get the real life vallues.

Revlimit: Thanks for the great work you do for the ecu community :D
HP sels cars, Torque wins races