Problems with TunerPro V5 RT - URGENT HELP NEEDED

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

skyline_stu

Problems with TunerPro V5 RT - URGENT HELP NEEDED

Post by skyline_stu »

I'm having some major problems with Tunerpro V5 build 5.00.6356.00. Running under win XP SP2.

I'm able to load my definition, (Aus $83 def, BPYS BIN, 27C512 device), connect and verify the BIN has uploaded to the Ostrich V2 emulator. Emulation operates as (???) expected

If I open up an item, say the spark table (but scalers and mask flags are affected), I can modify the table values (which change to RED) and commit change and upload to the emulator.
A verify confirms the data had been sent correctly. The vehicle (or my EPROM reader) confirms that the data had been changed. The RED values change to black after updating.

But here is my problem. If I then close the spark table and reopen it, the original values appear in the table (or scaler or flag) - as per the original BIN. A verify command shows that the data is wrong - as expected due to the original values appearing in the table opened.

Can anyone shed some light on this problem because it's impossible to tune a vehicle when the tables keep changing. Sometimes if I switch between tables the background table gets the OLD values placed back into it. WTF ??

Also there is a problem downloading the data FROM the ostrich TO the PC. When I perform this, every table gets filled with the value of 0. A verify confirms the data is identical to original ROM - yet the data in the emulator is the SAME as the original BIN (checked by reading the ostrich with my EPROM programmer)

Please help as I need to get the vehicle sorted out yesterday (actually 2 days ago). It's very frustrating as you can expect..

Cheers,
Stu
skyline_stu

Possible bug identified - ROM SIZE INCORRECT

Post by skyline_stu »

I believe I've found the issue, my definition file had a typo error relating to the ROM size.

I'd incorrectly set it to FFFFh, instead of 10000h (27c512 eprom)

DOH!