Need XDF for BMW E36318is, ECU ending in ...950

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

cristimm

Need XDF for BMW E36318is, ECU ending in ...950

Post by cristimm »

Hello all,

I need help with a xdf for BMW E36318is, ECU ending in ...950. The system is a Motronic 1.7.x (with DISA valve).

Original BIN here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/649244/tmp/E36% ... iginal.bin
cristimm

Post by cristimm »

I don't need that xdf anymore because did an interesting finding:

950 hardware ecu will run perfectly 990 software for which I've found a prety good xdf file right on TunerPro website.

Now a few noob questions if anyone would be so kind to answer. In the following table on the horizontal axis there is engine load right. But what is the measuring unit?

How much could I safely add to ignition advance?

Thank you
revlimit

Re: Need XDF for BMW E36318is, ECU ending in ...950

Post by revlimit »

cristimm wrote:Hello all,

I need help with a xdf for BMW E36318is, ECU ending in ...950. The system is a Motronic 1.7.x (with DISA valve).

Original BIN here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/649244/tmp/E36% ... iginal.bin
I was about answer this back in may but I did not. Glad you finaly did some reaserch that XDF is posted on the tunerpro download section.

The load values on the BOSCH Motronic maps are still a mistery, but on that particular XDF the load labeling is not done right, you can fix it yourself.
cristimm

Post by cristimm »

Thank you for your answer.

Can you tell me please how the labeling should be (I know how to edit them but I don't know what to put there). :)
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

if you're REALLY good with some DIY stuff, you could build a test bench, then fill in the cells in one row(or column) with full values(IDK if they're 8 or 16 bit), and the next with 0 values, and keep repeating that pattern. now, just simulate increased RPM until you get to a peak in conditions that would use that table, record the RPM it peaks at, and the RPM it minimizes at, now you have two of the labels figured out. repeat until the map is filled out and now do the other axis(i don't know what unit of measurement is used there).
cristimm

Post by cristimm »

Very good idea but not very practical (I use the car daily). Maybe I'll try to buy a spare ECU and do the tests with it.