tunerpro RT supercharged 93 LT1.dyno thurs any tips?

Discuss anything tuning related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

dizwiz24

tunerpro RT supercharged 93 LT1.dyno thurs any tips?

Post by dizwiz24 »

Ive got a baseline tune from a similar car and am going to be taking my car to the dyno thursday to tune. This is a 93 LT1 corvette w/ 6speed manual. Its a speed-density setup w/ hotcam, ported heads, LT headers, and, of course, ATI procharger w/ 60 lb/hr injectors. Im running 6psi boost.

Idle is fine, regular driving is fine, but if I stomp it, theres a dead spot. Especially if the car has not been warmed up. Even if it has, there still can be a dead spot. Im assuming too much fuel is being supplied at some point.

The dyno has a wideband which is good since I have no idea what my WOT A/F ratios are. I imagine if anything they are a little on the rich side for safety (which is good).

Im going to reiterate what I already know:

My plans are to use the WOT coolant temp fuel
multiplier and WOT RPM fuel multiplier tables to do the majority of my tune work.

This computer, being older, cannot sense boost. So I have to assume a > 4.8 volt signal on the MAP is full boost. The rest of the fuel is setup to increase w/ RPM.

I'll also play with spark advance to see if any more than 30 degrees (Current setting) improves anything.

If anyone else here has any tuning tips for LT1 speed density w/ supercharger. Please let me know!
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

dead spot issue: not necessarily a rich spot, especially with a blower. adjusting the AE tables should help quite a bit. i'd try going richer first to see if it will clear it up. try around a 5% change each time. you'll notice a differnece either way.

i'm no expert on DA code, especially with a blower, but that is the correct way to fix a flat spot as long as the VE tables are correct.