BME 528e thru 1987, some 325e, all pre motorola

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

IPM

BME 528e thru 1987, some 325e, all pre motorola

Post by IPM »

Rev limit is at 847,
ignition starts at b8c, 16 columns and 9 rows,
fuel start at b1c, 16 columns and 7 rows,
fuel table starts where ignition ends,
idle map at ced (not extensivley tested, why bother with idle),
wot ignition map at cb5, about 17 values, at least I messed with those and did not screw it up,
k at 88b and this was moderately tested. I put 533i injectors in dropped the value and it seems like it's not running rich (o2 gauge broke, gotta make another one).

I'd do more playing but it's too slow uv erasing, program, reinstall eprom. Sure wish tunerpro could work with my S4 Dataman for emulation.

Right now I'm running the conforti ignition map, my own rev limit, stock fuel map, and a lower K value with new 533i injectors. Sporty but very fuel efficient. MPG gauge above 30 at 70 mpg on a gentle upgrade! (3.25 diff, 40 psig in tires, dextron II in the getrag 260, stock exhaust but no cat). Next gonna swap in the racing dynamics fuel map (aggressive).

By the way, the ebay sellers like properformance and the like, they use a few different names, are just copies of the racing dynamics. The conforti ignition map is more aggressive than the racing dyn. And visa versa for fueling. Used to just run the rac dyn tune with my own minor tweaks and stock injectors. Liked it better than the conforti tune.

U can too, use the above values for tuning locals. Post your results. confirm the k value, seems to be working for me. Same value locations for the 533i and 733i engine powered cars before motorola. Looks like those same vintage M20 and M30 engines used the same programing (post ljet pre motorola).

IPM