160 baud ALDL def. file

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

7Point4

160 baud ALDL def. file

Post by 7Point4 »

Having created a def file for my ecm, '8747, i am having a devil of a time getting it to work correctly.

I can read values now, and sometimes they are right. :)

With key on, and nothing moving, no sensors, etc.. The values bump around. With engine started, they move more than they should. And seemingly repeatable numbers, but not the right ones. Rpms from 750, to zero, to 3800, 750, etc...

They bounce with key on, but not started, but only to 2 values, 000 rpm, 1200 rpm, 000 rpm, etc.

After much frustration.. I do not know what to try next. using 20 word packet, thats what all the hacks and ALDLStuff.zip say it uses. 19 works better with key on and no motor running, but still bounces, just less. I got another 160 def file for a 8746, and it does the same thing. uses 20 word packet also.

Winaldl works with the same cable, and shows a flashing 20 at top, so thats 20 words? Is there some header/trailer info in the communictions spec that I am missing? Voltage levels different when running and not running and maybe tunerpro is cutting it a little close?

ANY ideas greatly appreciated. Hopefully its something simple, a checkbox or something, but I am almost at wits end right now.

Thanks alot!!!

(Xposted here and TGO. Hope no one minds. Thanks)
1990 Chevy 454SS
8.66 @ 80.2 best 1/8th, 1.90 60'
13.85 @ 100 best 1/4, 2.003 60'
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

I think its time for me to re-examine my 160 baud packet acquisition code. Enough people have been having issues. I can get it to work fine on my '165 $6E, other than an occasional glitch or two. Unfortunately I don't have access to any other test beds.

I'll be going through this code (and just about all other code) and will do my best to make it work better in the next release.

M
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am