TP 5 Map Trace and Map Upload Problems

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

pablo

TP 5 Map Trace and Map Upload Problems

Post by pablo »

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help please. Have you got any ideas or advice please, to get all this working i payed to get my car remapped with a friendly tuner everything just failed and cost me a good money for nothing ;( 4 hours trying. I really don't want it to happen again please and don't know what happened.

The map trace function wont work with the knock fuel, timing map, AFR map calculated afr etc. It works on the fuel map etc and other places. But not in the knock/ignition maps. I am using, ca18det_v2.xdf, build V5.7686.00, ostrich 2 on xp sp2. emulator Upload and download problems, It doesn't update most of the time when it says it has, emulator, definitely not when them emulator is in real time mode. I updated to the latest version and had the same problems. I was going to uninstall everything and reinstall V5 into the program files directory. and see what happens.

It looked liked and said it was saving, changes and uploading to the emulator in the program but nothing was actually happening, Every time i download the bin of the emulator nothing had changed. I dont know if he was doing things in wrong sequence or something??? It worked when we tried once before we went out a couple of changes, he hasn't used Tunerpro/Emulator but really wanted to help and learn about it and emulating so gave it his best shoot. After everything went wrong and we found nothing was updating and map trace problems in the other maps, i went home parked up, opened my laptop and cause i was think WTF it had updated before.

I opened up my the .XDF downloaded my bin file of the emulator, made a change, closed the map window and hit committed changes to loaded bin and it worked no problem. It definitely didn't seem to work at all when the enable emulator function was selected. I kept trying and doing it that way for a while and it was updating fine??? but not while the enable emulator function was active it would not upload/update changes??? The commits changes option worked sometimes?? The trace functions in knock/ignition/AFR didn't every work ??

I am going to go try again and do a little more testing again and see what happens and how, any help would go a long way please.

BTW:

Emulator and real time updating etc all works in Tunerpro
RT V4. it was updating fine nothing wrong there ;( so i cant understand why it not all working properly now.
Does Tunerpro V4 map trace and hit trace at all i don't get that far when i brought it i just setup my stuff and confirmed it was working and uploading in real time, took sometime of until now and downloaded v5 and started having these problems. It doesn't work correctly.

Really would appreciated some insight, advice and help please.
trying to get my Nissan 200sx, ca18det with upgrades tuned all and running sweetly using Tunerpro.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

The tracing wraparound issue is fixed in the latest build available (7776).

I don't know why real-time changes wouldn't work for you where it works for others. Try taking a serial port trace between version 4 and version 5 while making the same real-time upload and compare them.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
pablo

Zeitronix Wide Band AFR ADX

Post by pablo »

just wondering if anyone out here has a ADX file for the Zeitronix wide band o2 controller to port the serial data into Tunerpro, or prepared to make one please.

Spent the last 3 weeks 6-8 hours+ a day, searching around the internet and asking in forums and people and got no love back at all on this subject. I tried to make one myself but i know "F all" to be genuinely honest.

I must have banged my head while asleep last night and came to my senses finally. Times is money and the amount of time wasted on this minor issue far out weighs the solution. Especially when there are data logging solution available on the market for pennies and the zeitronix data logger is great anyway.

If anyone out there has what i need please post here or contact me or prepared to create a WB zeitronix Adx file to support the serial data in Tunerpro for the community.

I dont mind paying for the ADX file if it works, i already started working on 1 but i am no good at teh serial stuff, so have a base to start from with what i wanted in my ADX.

If no one, can i guess i will just purchase Zeitronix sensors and do my datalogging in there and have done with this problem or just move on to using Nistune instead i guess, after all time is money and the hours i have wasted on this problems has peaked and i am not prepared to waste any more time on this issue myself and would rather invest in a new system and solution than bang my head against the wall.

I was just been stubborn and loyal and wanted this to just get this to work in Tunerpro as it should ;( but after last night i woke up with a fresh head and the late night have been affecting me at work lol.

Anyway if someone does have a working ADX for Zeitronix WB for tunerpro or doesn't mind making one please get in touch and post here. I would greatly appreciate it. and i am 100% sure many many other will to. I don't mind making a donation or paying for it just to have a completely working data logging and tuning package for my Nissan using Tunerpro.

Many thanks for reading and hope someone in the community can help here thanks again ;)

"At The End of the Day, Money Talks and Bullshit Walks"