Old skool Newbie tring to get grocery getter going

Discuss anything tuning related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

kd5und

Old skool Newbie tring to get grocery getter going

Post by kd5und »

I just recently acquired a 95 s10 blazer that was in the middle of a 350 swap. got the motor rebuilt and the motor and trans stabbed. the blazer came with a 4.3 CPI motor and a 4l60E. I Stabbed a 5.7 TBI and a 700R4. got the wiring figured out most of the way i was able to get the harness rewired for the TBI and i have spark and both injectors are firing. i haven't tried to drive it yet due to not having a cooling fan. The most that I have ran it is about a minute or 2. I got a memcal from a 95 1/2 ton with a TBI350 and a 4l60e and put it in and it seems to idle better but like i said i haven't ran it long due to the cooling system not being completed. I have been looking into burning a chip to fit my needs and i have an electronics background due to being a ham radio operator but all my experiences are with analog circuits. i will be getting the Willem Universal EPROM Programmer ordered tomorrow. It looks like it will fit the bill and it will work for the ham radio projects too :D Basically all im looking for is how to program a chip that will control just the engine and ditch the 4l60e. not looking for performance right now being that I bought this for the Family Grocery Getter. As far as tuning goes all the experience i have is twisting distributors degree cams and changing jets. I think you get the drift.

Any Help Would Be Great
Thanks
Travis
KD5UND
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

kd5und

Post by kd5und »

Wow that's a lot of info. About 500 post just on that one thread. It's going to take me a little while to digest all of this. Like they say,ask and you shall receive( a lot ).