useing wideband with ostrich?

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Klrskies

useing wideband with ostrich?

Post by Klrskies »

Since the BMW 173 dme uses narrow band, I'll need to add a bung for the wideband sensor. I understand I'm supposed to disconnect the narrowband while useing the emulator. How does the wide band get a signal to the emulator system? I need to get a wide band o2 sensor since I don't have one. Does it have to be a specific wideband sensor? Do I need a special cable from the sensor to the ostrich?

Ken
revlimit

Post by revlimit »

I use AEM UEGO guage type wideband sensor. I do it the old school way. I drive the car and look at the air fuel ratio then I make adjustment with the tunerpro. You can leave the narowband connected, there is a new XDF that alows you to turn off, narrowband feedback for 173 ecu.

This explains it nicely
DmcL

Post by DmcL »

ive also got the AEM UEGO :lol:

u think i could run the 0-5v analog output of the AEM gauge/sensor into the stock narrowband sensors input to the ECU? dont know anything about the stock O2 sensor other than its a bosch narrow band of some sort as all our M20 models over here dont come with stock O2 sensors at all tho the loom still has connections for it. looking at my AEM UEGO manual it looks like i should basically just have to physically wire the 0-5v analog output to the stock O2 sensor harness on the car then set the calibration screw on the AEM gauge to P4 for AFR nernst emulation and the ECU should pick it up as a stock narrow band? have u tried this or have any input on the matter? id like to do this so i can tune files for people in countries that do have stock O2 sensors on the E30's as there seems to be a margin of error taken up by the stock O2 sensors correction in some tunes ive seen or messed with. on cars i tune here or my own i dont have that luxury so tunes are nailed to whatever AFR i want under whatever load/temp/rpm conditions via manual adjustment of the maps. some tunes im trying to reverse engineer seem to be tuned to where they only work correctly on cars with the stock O2 sensor, on cars without they run "off", like a turbo/24lb injector tune ive got here, runs so rich the engine wont idle on a car with no O2 sensor.

also think there might be connection for a barometric correction sensor on the M20's loom, the E30 M3 used one and from what i gather some other E30 models used one depending on country so it would see the baro correction 1x3 map may not be a random afterthought by bosch after all.. even if there is no connector in the loom for it the baro sensor would input to pin 30 on the ECU so it wouldnt be hard to install a correction sensor and experiment/test it out and play with the 1x3 map and see what happens.
EthosMotorsports
Jens Petersen

Post by Jens Petersen »

The Innovate LC1 has a wideband and a narrowband output, so you can use the wideband sensor for your laptop, gauge and stock ECU.
You can alter the setup of the LC1 so you have two wideband output or two narrowband, but stock it has a narrow and a wideband output.

I have used the narrowband output to run my ecu, and it works out wery good.
The yellow wire from the LC1 is the narrowband output, and the brown is the wideband.
HP sels cars, Torque wins races