TunerPro V5 Startup Error

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

wamcneil

TunerPro V5 Startup Error

Post by wamcneil »

Hi,
I'm new to TP and pcm tuning in general, so please bear with me if this is something obvious that I'm missing.
When I start TP5 (5.00.7330.00) I get an error dialog on top of the splash screen titled "Could not play log" and the error message is "Invalid log or unsupported format". I did not get the error with TP4.
I've tried this with vista(64) and win7(64) same result., but I haven't gotten far enough to see if there are any actual logging problems.
I have an autoprom, but I get that error if the AP is connected or not. Once I acknowledge the dialog TP opens and finds the autoprom. I can then open the xdf, adx and bin files normally, but I don't have it hooked up to a PCM yet.
I've done a little searching and haven't come accross this error, am I doing something wrong?
Thanks,
Walter
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

the only time i've run across this is if i had a log selected, then either moved or deleted it when tunerpro wasn't running, then a file association issue happens and that comes up.

just find a real log, and select it in tunerpro, close the program and see if it comes back up.
wamcneil

Post by wamcneil »

Yeah, that was it. There was no xdl file.
I tried creating an empty text file named whatever.xdl and opening it, but it didn't like that file. Then I went to acquisition>record and then stop and then it prompted me to created an xdl. Now it finds that one at startup and no error.

Thanks!

Walter
wamcneil

Post by wamcneil »

BTW...
I get that same error if I start recording, then stop recording and hit cancel when prompted to save the log file.
Then the error comes back next time I launch the app.