problem in tunerpro rt with ostrich 2.0

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

m.f.r

problem in tunerpro rt with ostrich 2.0

Post by m.f.r »

Hello everyone,i have problem with emulating because i can't see where my car in the map working.I can emulate but i can't see where the ecu working,i don't see the different color in the map to understand where i must emulate.please help!
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

What vehicle is this and what is the ECM number?
m.f.r

Post by m.f.r »

The vehicle is fiat coupe 2000cc 16v turbo,but what is the ECM?
m.f.r

Post by m.f.r »

I can"t see the pointer to moving in the xdf table when
i connect with ostrich 2.0.But i can emulate with the upload button!
If someone know something please help!
starrd

Post by starrd »

m.f.r wrote: If someone know something please help!
Can you post a picture of your ECU?(electronic control unit) I had an issue with a Bosch Digifant ECU which turned out to be how they had used a port replacment unit to multiplex data. If I can see a picture of how the eprom is connected to the processor I might be able to help. I also need the processor info - ie is it a motorolla 6811? and if so, I need the specific version number off of it. Not sure if it is the same issue, but if it is similar, then there might be a fix.
m.f.r

Post by m.f.r »

My ecu is marelli IAW 4WB and have 27c256 eprom.I haven't the correct ALDL.What i must do?
starrd

Post by starrd »

m.f.r wrote:My ecu is marelli IAW 4WB and have 27c256 eprom.I haven't the correct ALDL.What i must do?
ALDL is not required - it is for "Data Tracing"

The Ostrich II with the latest firmware, supports "Hit Tracing" in TunerProRT. Hit Tracing uses the eprom addresses requested by the ECU to highlight the location in the Maps. It might be that you are just doing it wrong.
m.f.r

Post by m.f.r »

Thanks for help!But what i must do in steps to see the light in the maps table?
starrd

Post by starrd »

m.f.r wrote:Thanks for help!But what i must do in steps to see the light in the maps table?
With emulator hooked up and engine running, open the table you want to hit trace and click on the "A" in the table toolbar.

When you hover over the "A" it says: "toggle address hit tracing for this table"

Or read the help:
1) Ensure your hardware is attached and initialized
2) Open the table you wish to trace
3) Hit the Address Trace button ('A') in the table editor's toolbar
m.f.r

Post by m.f.r »

I hit the trace button(A) and write waiting but never start!
kj16v

Post by kj16v »

I had a little go with hit tracing on my Fiat Coupe but couldn't get it to work. I don't need it anyway. I use a TechEdge lambda controller wired in to the MAP and rpm signals and Winlog datalogging software to log the rpm, load and AFR. That's all that you need to tune really.

Hit tracing would be pretty cool to have working and I may try again (probably when the full v5 Tunerpro is available), but for now my current setup is all that is needed to tune.
starrd

Post by starrd »

Two quick points:

1) Hit tracing only works and shows if the table is being acessed.

2) If you download the Teckedge ADX file that I built and Mark posted on this site, you can use that as an ALDL interface. You just need to have boost pressure and RPM as inputs to the Techedge unit. Then, you need to associate the data to your XDF file.