413 ECU .bin file size problem

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

FastButBlind

413 ECU .bin file size problem

Post by FastButBlind »

Hi,
I have read a bin file from 413 ECU to tune it, but it came out in 32k size, when I opened it with tunerpro it gave me 0 values all over the tables, I did this many times and it just gave me the same file size, so I loaded the original 413 .bin that I downloaded from tunerpro into Ostrich2, it was 64k file size, and worked fine with the Ostrich2, I managed to tune the car with some spark advance in weak areas and the car was great, I had the problem when I tried to burn the tuned .bin file into the chip, I used 27C512, every time I tried to burn the .bin the Moates flash&burn gives me that am using the wrong size, I noticed that start address in hex for chip starts as 000001, so I set it to 000000 and burned successfully, but when I placed the chip on the ECU, the engine didn't start!! I think am lost here, anyone can help?

Also I tried to raise the rev-limit for that engine , but it didn't work, I tried lower values, and higher values, but no use, what value I can set so it can rev to 7000 or 7200 RPM

your help is highly appreciated :)
gavin

Post by gavin »

I use the willem programer to burn eproms,if i want to read the data from 27c512 i need to switch conectors in the willem main bord the 27c256 is 32kb memory and have diferent setings,maybe you read the data from the chip with setings for 27c256 that why you only get 32kb
FastButBlind

Post by FastButBlind »

Hi again,
Hope to get response soon for this issue
here I uploaded the files that I used to tune the 413 ECU

1- The 32K file that I got from the original 413 ECU, when I put it in tunerpro V5 it gives me zero cells all over the tables, not sure why this happens
http://www.fileden.com/files/2010/8/9/2 ... om_ECU.bin

2- I got a ready 64K original that worked the car and added some tune to it
http://www.fileden.com/files/2010/8/9/2 ... no_rev.bin

Am using the 413 XDF that is listed in the download area, but it happen that I didn't notice the .bin file that located in the download area and used this .bin file, and not sure where I got it from, link to download the base file I tuned the car on
http://www.fileden.com/files/2010/8/9/2 ... _15_01.BIN
FastButBlind

Post by FastButBlind »

I did read it 3 times to make sure that am not mistaken, maybe I was, I will try to read it again as soon as my friend comes.
But why the tuned file wont upload to the chip? and give me chip starts HEX address as 000001 when I upload the file to the buffer? and when I try to burn it on that address it gives me wrong file size, and when I correct it to 000000 it burn successfully but the car wont start!
gavin

Post by gavin »

What device your friend is using to read and burn chips?
revlimit

Post by revlimit »

The 413 XDF is made for specific software version, your original software may not work. Some 413 ecus come with 27c256 chips but that ecu can take 27c512 chip also, this is why you have a problem. Just use the bin from download section of this website and same XDF.
FastButBlind

Post by FastButBlind »

gavin wrote:What device your friend is using to read and burn chips?
the Burn2 from Moates.net
revlimit wrote: The 413 XDF is made for specific software version, your original software may not work. Some 413 ecus come with 27c256 chips but that ecu can take 27c512 chip also, this is why you have a problem. Just use the bin from download section of this website and same XDF.
yeah I noticed the file later, I checked the original ECU chip and its 27c512, thanks rev, I will try to re-tune it with the .bin file from the download section, but I wonder how I can raise the rev limit!? I tried higher values and lower values, but its the same, any idea?