How do I get data hit tracing to work?

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

Justin517

How do I get data hit tracing to work?

Post by Justin517 »

I have an Ostrich 2.0 and am using Tunerpro RT and I was under the impression that I can do data tracing while running.

Do I have to set up the ALDL (which is way over my head)? I didnt think I had to, I thought ostrich would show automatically what info was being used?

my car is a 1989 BMW 535i with a 179 DME, not the more popular and more developed 173.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
revlimit

Post by revlimit »

When you are looking at the maps you klick on the sign that is shaped like an A letter in the top, then you will see the yellow curser tracer on the map if the ECU is using that particular map. Very easy.
bmwconnect

Post by bmwconnect »

I also like to use cam studio(open source) to record tracing when tuning cars alone it's very handy
FastButBlind

Post by FastButBlind »

Finally managed to work on the ostrich2 now, but I do have a problem with tracing, whenever I click on A button to trace, it give me ERROR in the status bar(bottom bar) of the window am trying to trace! what could i be missed here!?
I followed all the instructions of installing the ostrich2, but am lost here
I tried it on my cars, with 405ECU and 173ECU
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Make sure you're using the latest firmware version for your Ostrich.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
FastButBlind

Post by FastButBlind »

thanks Mangus
I did the firmware update, although it was the latest one on my ostrich2, but now I can trace it, maybe there were errors and cleared with the update