MAT compensation counts vs. MAT - what is this? $DA2 .xdf

Discuss anything tuning related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

dizwiz24

MAT compensation counts vs. MAT - what is this? $DA2 .xdf

Post by dizwiz24 »

I noticed a table called MAT compensation counts vs. MAT. As MAT (manifold air temp) increases, compensation counts appears to increase and then level out.

Does anyone know what this is and what will be affected if I change it (ie. does a higher compensation count add or decrease fuel as manifold air temp increases) ? how about spark advance, can it be affected too?

Im trying to figure out what all is affected by intake temperature.

This is on a $DA2.xdf on a 93 corvette lt1 (Speed-density).
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

from the sounds of it, it works in conjunction with a airflow multiplier table that references MAT, unless that is this table and it's worded strangely.

but yes, air temps do affect fueling, colder air is denser, therefore there is more oxygen in a given volume and pressure.

spark MAY be affected, but i don't know the DA masks well enough to give a definite answer on it. i know some of the later MAF masks do modify spark based on MAT.
dizwiz24

Post by dizwiz24 »

robertisaar,

Im assuming when you mentioned MAT, that you meant MAF.

The only thing about that explanation is that the 92-93 cars, on $DA2, are all speed-density. No MAF.

If compensation counts are related to the MAF, why would that table be in a $DA2 for 92-93 speed-density LT-1 cars?

I think its for somethign else.
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

i meant MAT...

i know DA cars are speed-density, and that the EE cars have both.

in A1, there is a table that multiplies the calculated airflow number based on air temp. colder temps mean more air density, but it only shows up as an increase in the calculated grams/second value IIRC.